PDA

View Full Version : Job Too Big, Teaming Up with Competition?

grasssin
08-30-2004, 01:56 AM
Long story short, best friends dad came into town and bought 50 acres. He is putting in 130 2000sq ft town homes. I have talked with him about doing the installs for this project but with the schedule they will be building on, there will be no way I could do it with my four guys.

Met another LCO, really nice guy three times my size, any way talked to him about going in together and splitting everything together.... realize before anything starts we realize the legal implications and are forming a partnership side company for this one project....

Pros/ Cons for doing this?

ANother good thing is that when everything is completed the homeowners are going to be paying a association fee and they are getting one LCO to maintain the entire place!

Shuter
08-30-2004, 08:00 AM
I am doing the same now. I have grown too big and found a smaller guy looking to grow. Right now the other guy is doing about 25% of my accounts for a percentage. Over the winter we are going to start another company (still keeping his name and my name out there) and slowly grow that by getting new accounts and rolling over existing accounts into new company. Since Aug 1 it has worked out pretty good. We found out biggest problem to be communicating with each other, now we talk or meet daily, 7 days a week.

CJ GreenScapes
08-30-2004, 03:11 PM
Sounds like a smart business move, grasssin. I believe in combining resources and creating win-win situations.

Good luck...