PDA

View Full Version : mower throwing rocks

fivespot
08-30-2004, 11:53 AM
I broke my first window with the mower today.Four year no accidents oh well $hit happens.

KenH
08-30-2004, 12:33 PM
At least no one was hurt. Like me, you probably also mow with the guard up.....

LwnmwrMan22
08-30-2004, 12:43 PM
I went 14 years without breaking a window. I had my dad helping me once, he broke 2 in one day. Then later that week, I threw a rock with the trimmer and broke a back-side window in a minivan.

So much for low insurance rates.

Gravely_Man
08-30-2004, 01:02 PM
Luckly it sounds like no one was hurt. Just be careful and try and look for the rocks. Stop mowing the moment you see adults or children watching you from the window.

Gravely_Man

PLM-1
08-30-2004, 01:31 PM
don't you hate that when they are watching you? i ALWAYS do something stupid when they are...like tripping when im trimming or something like that.

NC Scaper
08-30-2004, 01:37 PM
this past friday I had a customer get mad cause i stopped mowing due to she was standing right there in the yard with her grand kid bu needless to say by the end of that job she is no longer my customer

LCME
08-30-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by NC Scaper
this past friday I had a customer get mad cause i stopped mowing due to she was standing right there in the yard with her grand kid bu needless to say by the end of that job she is no longer my customer

No longer your customer? because you stopped or she let you go?.

NC Scaper
08-30-2004, 02:21 PM
Her not being my customer anymore has to do with the mowing height. I cut her yard at 3 inches as always but this time she comes out yelling at me just as I am loading up, and said that she wants it shorter, so i told her I was gonna have to charge her another cut and she denied. this yard was no loss to me I was doing her hubby a favor and it was being cut cheap.It just gives me more time for my big jobs now.

CookTractor
08-30-2004, 08:10 PM
exmark makes a great mulch kit that you dont have to worry about throwing rocks with

a a green
08-30-2004, 08:22 PM
I also can't stand when people are looking at me when I am working. I usually look at them and laugh, they have no Idea what I am laughing at. So they usually go back inside...

Jon S
08-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Will a rear discharge mower on a front mount machine be less likely to throw a rock and cause damage?

Jon

LCME
08-31-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by CookTractor
exmark makes a great mulch kit that you dont have to worry about throwing rocks with

After talking to the lawn dealer. I asked him if the mulch kit for my wb was good. He commented that is was not. Because you would leave clumps of grass. You have to cut more often. He recommended to just open the discharge and blow out the grass. So, I decided to go with the side bagger. I have no opinion on the mulch kit. I have not seen the mulch kit work. Does anyone have opinions on the mulching kit for exmark wb? Do they work for mowing weekly lawns?.

Sorry, I probably add this comment to the wrong thread.