PDA

View Full Version : walk behind

Mowerboy04
08-30-2004, 08:47 PM
what walk behind has the best stripes?

locutus
08-30-2004, 08:50 PM
From what I have read and personally witnessed, I would say Exmark. I think most any brand of w/b would stripe really well with one of those striping rollers that Big League Lawns sells.

Flex-Deck
08-30-2004, 08:55 PM
All Walk Behinds probably stripe well if you are willing to run in the same wheel ruts every time you mow. Personally I find striping pictures look like the blades were dull. My people like angle mowing different directions every time we mow and the "pool table look". The pool table-angles different every time also eliminates driving over the same grass the same way.
Thanks, Brad

lqmustang
08-30-2004, 09:57 PM
I can only speak for my Scag, but it does a really nice job of striping. One of these days I might even remember to take my camera with me and take a few pics.

CookTractor
08-30-2004, 09:59 PM
exmark has an awesome cut due to baffle system under their deck, the striper works well but u have to use the mulch kit with the stripper because your discharge will cover your stripping if u dont

mkwl
08-30-2004, 11:16 PM
Bob-Cat's definitely stripe the best and have the best quality of cut!!!!!! I love my Bob-Cat!!!!

chefdrp
08-30-2004, 11:33 PM
flex deck. I dont run the same ruts. change them up 2 ways. this way i dont make the deep ruts i see others make. Actualy I would never be able to mow without making stripes. My lesco does them always.