PDA

View Full Version : Bad toro/stihl dealer looses my business

QualityLawnCare4u
08-31-2004, 12:46 AM
Last week I went shopping for a new edger and my first BP blower. I went by the stihl dealer and was as usual I was treated like sh@t by the shop manager. This guy is one of the rudest,obnoxious, arrogant buttheads Ive ever met in my 45 years. Ive heard several lcos say that quit doing biz with this dealer because of this one certain person. The owner knows how he is but will do nothing about it. I really liked the stihl but I bought a echo edger and BP blower from dealer 1 miles up road from stihl dealer and was treated half way decent. I have had good luck with my other echo equipment but relly wanted to go with stihl but I refuse to buy from someone who is rude. The echo was less $$ too even though what I got was baseline commercial but will serve my needs well no more edging than I do. It is bad when you have to choose your 2nd choice in eqipment because of ad dealer. I aslo liked the toro better than my JD but did not buy one either. Its bad when you go into a place and say "how are you doing" no repy from manager and then say Im here for some new quipment and he just stares at you and says nothing! I walk over and pick up edger and stand there for several minutes like Im invisible. Im outta there!!

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

BTW I dont know if I can legally post dealers name so I didnt.

NC Scaper
08-31-2004, 02:56 AM
I know your pain, I also have a stihl/toro dealer that traets me just the same. I refuse to buy anything from the unless they are the only one who has what I need and I cant find it on the web.

QualityLawnCare4u
08-31-2004, 03:35 AM
NC Scapper, its bad when all the dealers in the area like mine are poor, bad, or terrible. The best dealer I have is my Jd and I give him a poor rating. If we ever get a good one he has a customer for life!

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

QualityLawnCare4u
08-31-2004, 07:04 AM
BTW "looses" was suppose to be "loses" Im not a great typist!
Danny

moneyman
08-31-2004, 08:12 AM
Ive always wondered when i say "Hi" and they dont reply if they could understand or hear me or not. Seriously, I thoight I was jsut a low talker.
I would refuse to buy anything from him, I have been know to call the company, and then ask for the boss to tell him or her about the situation.
I dont care to much for unproffesional people.

Tvov
08-31-2004, 09:15 AM
My local JD/Stihl dealer is a pain. HE knows what you want, and you will wait to get it. Rarely do you see LCO trucks in his parking lot. Years ago I was looking at a new wb, and the JD dealer wanted 3 DAYS to prep it before I could pick it up. The local Exmark dealer said; "Give me half an hour". So, Exmark it was!

I am now getting annoyed with parts counters that can't do anything without the computer telling them what to do. Try going in and asking for something like a 16" long Gator blade. "What is the part #? Serial #? Model #?" "The computer says we have 10, but I don't know where they are".

I've gotten into the habit of calling ahead before I drive out to get parts. Inevitably, the counter help says the computer says they have the parts, but I tell them to go get them and actually hold them in their hands. Close to 50% of the time they don't really have the parts.

That little rant felt good on a rainy morning!

NC Scaper
08-31-2004, 10:10 AM
The worst part about my dealer is I used to work for them, but even then they were snobs to everyone. If you were not there to buy a hustler they didn't want anything to do with u. I sold my walk behind to myself cause they would not even check me out.

fastcutter
08-31-2004, 10:17 AM
I have been in LC Biz for 15 years and All dealer are the same.. It's been like that for me..

Gravely_Man
08-31-2004, 10:36 AM
Danny that is a shame but I think you did the right thing. You aren't just buying the equipment and leaving you will also need service at some point. If they treat you like that then spend your hard earned money somewhere else.

Gravely_Man

NickN
08-31-2004, 10:50 AM
When I started out I was in the dark on dealers.Bought a Cub trimmer from a dealer close to home.Went back later looking at hedge trimmers and they wouldn't even come out to talk to me.Left the sale up to a girl behind the counter.
So,I left and went to another dealer who really spent time with me.I ended up buying two hedge trimmers a blower and ZTR from them.Since then I've bought a second trimmer from them and a rear tine tiller.The shitty dealer has lost around 10-12 grand just from me.
Now I love my dealer.They treat me like a king,even though I'm no spending 10's of thousands on equipment.They'll let me demo anything too.Have coffee ready in the morning and they will bring me filters and oil instead of me getting it.
Oh,they always fill up the gas tank on anything bought.The cub dealer wouldn't even take the trimmer out of the box.

Tider6972
08-31-2004, 10:59 AM
check your PM s, I sent ya' one!

Steve

QualityLawnCare4u
08-31-2004, 02:23 PM
Nick. you are very lucky to have such a dealer. Where I live a demo is unheard of unless your luck enough to drive around parking lot. If I ever find a dealer like yours he will have a lifetime custmer.

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

QualityLawnCare4u
08-31-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by moneyman
Ive always wondered when i say "Hi" and they dont reply if they could understand or hear me or not. Seriously, I thoight I was jsut a low talker.
I would refuse to buy anything from him, I have been know to call the company, and then ask for the boss to tell him or her about the situation.
I dont care to much for unproffesional people.

Moneyman, when I walked in I looked the guy right in the face and spoke, no answer, no reply when I asked about equipent. The only thing he said was when he handed me the blower I had dropped off for repair was he snapped at me that I had water in gas,I told him my other equopment ran fine off of same tank, he then accused me of getting rained on, I informed the jerk it has not rained in over a week and Ikept it covered up. He then said I was doing something wrong and I told him yeah doing biz here is what Im doing wrong and left. I could feel my blood pressure rising and I knew if I did not leave what was going to happem. lol

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

wrestlingcoach
08-31-2004, 02:50 PM
my toro dealer is great. calls me coach,,,,, even though transition the mechanic bought the dealership out they were fast and acted like they wanted your business.. if they didn't have a part they found a shop that had it so i could have it TODAY.

Southside mowers in tulsa, OK
a very good dealership

moneyman
09-01-2004, 03:53 AM
Wrestling coach,
I bought my mower from Southside not a bad bunch over there. Only thing that had me puzzled is that they park there repo units out front to make it look like they are for sale.I asked if they were for sale they said No, they were wating on the courts. I was thinking why do you park them right by the front door?

Sneaky
09-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Danny

Know what you mean, I won't even slow down when I go by their business. Keep going right down to the DC and clipper dealer. Also don't like the snapper dealer here in town.

QualityLawnCare4u
09-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Sneaky
Danny

Know what you mean, I won't even slow down when I go by their business. Keep going right down to the DC and clipper dealer. Also don't like the snapper dealer here in town.

Hey Sneaky, I knew if you saw this thread you would know who I was talking about.:) I do a lot of biz with the DC dealer too. Gene and Tim are good to deal with, they used to be a JD dealer and had some kind of falling out with them. Snapper dealer in Waycross is ok, I buy echo from them. Do not care for the one in Blackshear though. His attitude kept me from buying a Ferris is1000. We dont exactly have much to work with, but I have to say the one in Mershon is the worst of the worst!

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

HOMER
09-01-2004, 11:29 PM
I'd like to tell you about a great dealer, one that actually cares about you and will treat you right. Bryant's Outdoor in Dothan, Al.

I just took his brand new 32 hp 72" Chopper back to him since he was repairing mine. Mower had 1 hr on it when I got it. Anytime you have one in for repairs he has one to loan out.

Bill for the repairs was very reasonable and work was top notch.

Got to give props when props are due.

Really..........in my neck of the woods there is only one dealer that I won't go to.........we have many that are deserving of our business.

I guess we're lucky.