PDA

View Full Version : Massive problem with broadleafs this year?

millenniumlandscape
08-31-2004, 08:10 AM
Is it just me, or is everyone struggling with broadleaf weed control this year? I have done a round of pre-emergent in the spring and two apps of Momentum in June and August. I know we have had a lot of rain and low temps here in Michigan, but I have had very little success with my program this year for some reason. Anyone have any suggestions? I use a PG for my apps, and backpack sprayers for hard to reach areas along buildings and curbs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin Kruizenga
Owner
Millennium Landscape and Lawncare Inc.
millenniumland@acd.net
millenniumland.com

Grassmechanic
08-31-2004, 08:31 AM
No problems with broadleafs here. Are you sure your rate of chemical application is correct?

KenH
08-31-2004, 08:51 AM
Its been a tough year here for weeds and disease. This bizarre weather hs ALOT to do with it.

millenniumlandscape
08-31-2004, 03:57 PM
I mix 51 ounces of momentum for my 8 gallon pg. Thats what I calculated as the correct ratio for that system.

HayBay
08-31-2004, 04:14 PM
millenniumlandscape,

What kind of coverage (square Footage) are you getting with 51 ounces to 8 Gallons on the PG rider.

Using Par III here, working good.

May be weed immunity to your chem's if you have been using the same stuff for years on those properties.

2 man crew
08-31-2004, 07:09 PM
That seems like a strong enough mix for momentum. I have my PG at 48 oz per 8 gal to give me the high rate of 1.5oz per K.

Are you getting poor control all over the area or just around the edges?

Are you using any sticker?

Do you have blanket aps in your lawn program? How many?

With the Ultra being so new it would be good to compare notes.

MrBarefoot
08-31-2004, 11:41 PM
I have been using the PG all season, and I had weed control issues with Momentum. I switched to Speedzone and control improved, even though it costs a lot more.

Weeds in my little slice of Michigan are heavier this season then in past seasons. The above average rainfall makes weeds happy.

I may go back to Momentum and see if it works better in the fall. It would be nice to go back to it, but it needs to regain my trust...

FoxDen
08-31-2004, 11:52 PM
The weeds have been alot worse this year. There has been a lot more rain. I have been using Millennium Ultra- (expensive)!! I found that it didnt have the residual that plain old Triplet has. I wouldnt spend more. I think you can get good three way herbicides that are cheaper and do work better. Good Luck!

Talstar
09-01-2004, 11:29 PM
40.OZ OF MOMENTUM hOLY CRAP ! I go 24.oz/ of momentum, and 10.0z of 3way ester II. even ground ivy goes BOO-HOO

General Grounds
09-02-2004, 10:31 PM
:blob3: holy thats alot of momentum, the control should almost be instant, we mix 1.5 oz. per gallon and some sticker and control has been great.

the weeds in jersey have been out of control, so much ive added an addntl. man to fert unit just to spot treat as the other 2 apply fert. never had to do that before. T