PDA

View Full Version : Trailer project update

FrankenScagMachines
08-31-2004, 10:32 AM
Finally got it painted yesterday...
Before, I had got the gates and side rails on. I got the spring assist gate lift mounts on as well. I was able to get the first and second coat on yesterday and it looks good enough i think i'll just leave it and touch up some spots. Don't see need for a third coat. Then i will get started on the wiring and lights.

The gate fell and smashed the primary cable for the Lincoln Pro Mig 135 welder so it severed all the wires in there and cut the man rubber wrap and likely crimped the sleeve that the welding wire goes through :( so i have to find a new one of those, then i have to add the spare tire mount, safety chains, taillight brackets, and all the misc. stuff that has been put on hold. I also have to get the safety breakaway stuff for the trailer brakes.

I decided that i am not going to build the grass box on the trailer. Because to dump my grass i usually have to take it to the backyard and my backyard is all downhill and you have to snake through a couple spots to get to the compost pile so it's much better to just dump on the truck. So, I will be building the tool/storage compartment even larger. Making it 4' long and either 3 or 4' high, and still 7.5' wide.

FrankenScagMachines
08-31-2004, 10:34 AM
back end....................... 15 characters????? i hate that stupid thing. please sean get rid of that!

FrankenScagMachines
08-31-2004, 10:35 AM
Here's the lumber.... all solid oak................. 15 characters :angry:

GreenMonster
08-31-2004, 10:44 AM
Looks like that'll be a nice set-up, Eric.

My main reason for replying though, is to concur on the 15 character rule!

It always gets me when I post pics.

Please Sean, can't that one go?

zpoore
09-02-2004, 08:58 PM
well at least for the pictures because on the lawn care etc. threads it makes it harder for people trying to rack up their post count

ALarsh
07-10-2005, 11:54 PM
I know this thread is super old, BUT did you use spray cans to paint that or what?

FrankenScagMachines
07-11-2005, 10:35 AM
No, I bought a spray gun for my air compressor and this was my first usage of that.. come to think of it, i haven't used it since this LOL. Its a bit of a mess to use compared to a rattle can, so all the small projects I just shoot with spray can, but the gun is faster and better on something big like the trailer.

ALarsh
07-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the reply franken.

How much did the gun cost you? What did you use for primer and how did you prime it?

The reason i'm asking is because I bought a trailer that has a pretty good amount of rust on it. I sanded down a fender, primed it with a spray can and then painted it with a spray can. It looks like sh!t. There are some big bloches of paint and then a little. I need something a little better for putting the paint/primer on. Also, I was getting little bumps in the primer which was causing it too like bad also.

Thanks for the help.

ALarsh
07-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Before sanded

ALarsh
07-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Primed....

ALarsh
07-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Painted :help: