PDA

View Full Version : done bad leaf cleanup today, mulcher worked perfect!

QualityLawnCare4u
08-31-2004, 03:25 PM
This morning I pulled up to a clients yard and it was horrible! The yard is 2 acrea and 2/3 was 3-4 inches deep in leaves. She has about 90 pines, 30-35 dogwoods, 3 magnolias and 2 mulberry trees. Ive done some bad leaf jobs with my mulcher but not like this, I blowed the leaves away from house and obstacles and stared with my 717. When I finshed the yard looked like a well manucured golf course! I was really pleased with the results. I could not have vacummed and made it look any better. Client comes out when Im finished and asked me "how did you do that:? i asked her how did I do what? She said I watched you out the window and did not see a bagger and it looks like you bagged it. I told her how I done it and she told me she used to spend days raking it. Their is no one who hates bagging any worse than I do! If a customer screams, hollars, and holds a gun to me and pays me dang well I MIGHT drag out the catcher. Ive read many post here about differnt ways to do leaf cleanup and Ive seen the tarp, blowing into piles, and dozens of other ways, The heck with all this hard work! LOL I encourage you folks to try mulching just one time. I dont know about other mowwrs but my JD 717 is a killer with the mulching kit and sharp gators! Best 110 bucks I ever spent,has saved me a ton of time from the way I used to do it, the raking blowing, hauling off and other time wasting things Ive tried. Just wanted to throw in my .02 what works great for me. I eally wished I had some before and after pics of the yard I done to show how good it really turned out.

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

Gravely_Man
08-31-2004, 03:30 PM
Danny I am totally with you on the fact that bagging takes time and then you have to dump the contents somewhere else later on. Mulching is the best thing in the world to me.

Gravely_Man

QualityLawnCare4u
08-31-2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks Gravely Man, I dont know if its just me but Id rather be beat with a rattle snake than to bag a yard. I also have noticed that the only folks with the :bagging symdrome: are older folks, My under 55 clients dont care how I do it as long as it looks good. I have one 70 yo dude that gets down right mad if I dont vacumm his every time. Fortunately his is not a bad one to bag.

Danny
Quality lawn Care

stxkyboy
08-31-2004, 03:39 PM
yes but did you make any extra money off of it.................

NickN
08-31-2004, 03:41 PM
Did you charge extra for the compost?
j/k

QualityLawnCare4u
08-31-2004, 03:44 PM
Actually it only took me about 30 minutes longer than usual for this yard and I charged an extra 30 bucks for it.Nick I didnt charge her for the free compost lol

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

John Gamba
08-31-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by hardworking-poorman
Actually it only took me about 30 minutes longer than usual for this yard and I charged an extra 30 bucks for it.Nick I didnt charge her for the free compost lol

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

Great Dan!! Glad your Still Here:cool:
John

QualityLawnCare4u
08-31-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by John Gamba
Great Dan!! Glad your Still Here:cool:
John

Hey John. thanks, I havent seen you around lately either. Your post on the accelerator caused me to have to buy one lol I really like this thing when I do have to bag a yard. Works great.

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

John Gamba
08-31-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by hardworking-poorman
Hey John. thanks, I havent seen you around lately either. Your post on the accelerator caused me to have to buy one lol I really like this thing when I do have to bag a yard. Works great.

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

I'm Here and there;) Glad you like your bagger:cool:
John

sailinstud420
08-31-2004, 08:32 PM
hard working poorman- you just keep going over the lawn until the leaves dissapear? How many times did you have to cut it?

QualityLawnCare4u
08-31-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by sailinstud420
hard working poorman- you just keep going over the lawn until the leaves dissapear? How many times did you have to cut it?

I went over about %75 one time runnng about 4mph. Id say about %25 I had to go over twice going slower. Like I said I wished I had some before/after pics. The worst places were along driveway where I had to blow off leaves and about a dozen large trees line the drive. Was real deep in leaves and straw.

Danny
Quality Lawn Care