PDA

View Full Version : Come on and play the calculator game with me!!!

greeneakers04
08-31-2004, 03:23 PM
Here is the object of the game:

To create a useful thread for newbies like me by listing all of your yearly expenses and each one's percentage of gross sales.

Rules:

Rule #1: Don't spend a lot of time on this (unless your #'s are very easily accessible, or you just want to be extra helpful).

Rule #2: If you don't want to list percentages, please just list the expenses themselves.

Please include anything and everything you can think of. I have been playing this game for about 2 months now, making up figures and plugging them into different gross sales #'s, but will someone please set me straight so I'm not wasting my time anymore.

I'm really just looking for the percentages and categories here, not asking for people to divulge their numbers.
:D
Thank you.

bobbygedd
08-31-2004, 03:34 PM
i would but, i don't get it.

EagleLandscape
08-31-2004, 03:35 PM
It all depends on what type of work you are doing. Will you be doing repairs yourself? How many properties you service, employees, drive time. It's too vague of a question there bud.

greeneakers04
08-31-2004, 03:41 PM
To simplify, will someone post a list of their expenses? Not $$, just the categories.
Better?
Maybe I should have just said that.

bobbygedd
08-31-2004, 03:53 PM
trucks, mowers, equipment (taking into consideration depreciation) = approx 4k per year. insurence = $2500. add advertising, accounting, fuel,pests, misc stuff, it costs me, before payroll, approx $10,500 per season to operate. that is accurate within $1000

MMLawn
08-31-2004, 03:56 PM
Insurance Bus & Vehicle & Equip
Licenses
Payroll & Taxes
Accounting Fees
Bank Charges (Credit Card processing charges if used)
Office Supplies & Invoice Printing
Phone(s)
Internet/www site service
Advertising
Gas/Oil
Equip Supplies (Blades, line, etc)
Lawn Supplies (Fert, seed, etc.)
Repairs & Equip Maint
Repairs & Vehicle Maint
Equip Replacement
Employee Supplies (shirts, safety equip, etc)
Job Supplies (Ice, Gatoraid, Trash bags, etc)
Tool Replacement/Maint

and I'm sure I have forgot some as these are off the top of my head.

KenH
08-31-2004, 03:58 PM
Bobby...Is that insurance number vehicles, liability, and workers comp (if needed)??? If so, you are lucky. Im around 12K a year.

To add to the list:
Job materials, equipment rental, telephone/cellphone, computer/internet/billing, office supplies and the big one TAXES.

bobbygedd
08-31-2004, 04:01 PM
that DOES NOT INCLUDE payroll, or wc insurence

KenH
08-31-2004, 04:04 PM
Even for vehicles and liability its pretty reasonable.

bobbygedd
08-31-2004, 04:09 PM
yup, the trucks are old, and paid for. in fact, the original owners i'm sure have already passed from old age. i keep my overhead AS LOW AS POSSIBLE. and at around 10.5 k, before employees, you can't get muck lower.