PDA

View Full Version : Honda clone motors (Powertrain) but cheaper?

CharlieBingo
08-31-2004, 07:05 PM
I've seen some of these around and look just like a Honda only made in China any opinions?

CharlieBingo
08-31-2004, 10:50 PM
I guess no one has seen these. There about half the price of a Honda but I wonder about quality.

txlawnking
08-31-2004, 10:56 PM
I've seen em' . I used a pressure washer that has one on it.. Seemed to run the same as a Honda.. Don't know about longevity though..The rest of the machine was Egyptian made, and the engine easily outlasted that POS.

kkat
09-01-2004, 09:06 AM
I worked on one last year, it was on a craftsman pressure washer. Im not a honda dealer so I go thru a honda dealer to get parts , he couldnt get parts for the motor, they are honda clones, and he said that trying to fit genuine parts on them doesnt do the trick ,at least in him trying it, I sent it back to the custermer saying that I couldnt get parts for it and he brought it back to sears and the last thing I knew he still does not have it fixed and that was over a year ago I guess no honda dealer will touch it, either out of spite or parts are not interchangeable and sears hasent the knowledge to repair it