PDA

View Full Version : LawnSite Instant messages?

Vibe Ray
01-07-2001, 05:24 PM
Hey, we should have some sort of instant messenger service exclusive to LawnSite. There have been times when we have wanted to talk directly to one person and ask them a question when they are logged on. You could make it so that when we click on their name on the home page under currently active users (members logged on) an option to instant message them is there.

plsoucy
01-08-2001, 06:10 PM
Hi,

don't know if this may give you a part of answer, but here are the new features of version 2.0 of vBulletin (scheduled for in a few weeks), the program that powers Lawnsite:

-Private Messaging
-Polls
-"My vB" User Control Panel
-Buddy List
-Comprehensive forum thread ordering options
-User sessions (complete support for users without cookies enabled)
-Support for extra profile fields
-Database / code optimisation
-And much, much more

(I just copy-pasted the points that may interest forum users in their list -- database optimization means faster)

Regards,

Pierre-Luc Soucy

Vibe Ray
01-09-2001, 05:18 PM
Well we can't complain about that! That looks like it will help a lot! I will be looking forward to it. When will it take effect?
I think the "Private Messaging" you are refering to is what I am talking about. I'll let you know after I see it...

plsoucy
01-09-2001, 05:33 PM
Hi,

I'll install version 2.0 as soon as I'm available after their release, which is schedule "in a few weeks" -- they don't want to get a precise date as they'd like to have time to make sure everything works fine before releasing it.

Pierre-Luc