PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "rainy day project"

FrankenScagMachines
09-01-2004, 12:16 AM
Man i have so many of those its driving me crazy. but here's another to add to the list....

The 17 Kaw twin on the w/b has alot of gaskets that seep oil and just generally worn alot of hours on it. good motor and good money maker but i got a sweet deal on this that i couldn't pass up. it's a 17hp twin kaw same as on my w/b but electric start and recently professionally rebuilt. So someday i gotta swap 'em out.

fga
09-01-2004, 12:19 AM
you know how to rig it up to charge the battery yourself, or do you bring it to the shop for them to do it? i toyed with that idea, i forget, someone has something like this on here, maybe wriken??
how do you go from recoil to electric and charge the battery, after fabricating a battery tray?
i just realized, i'm a lawnsite addict:blob3:

FrankenScagMachines
09-01-2004, 12:22 AM
oh it has an alternator on the engine. the wiring can be a bit complicated on it yes. hard to explain... sounds like you'd be better off having a shop do it. really it's far better to get an engine equipped with the starter and alternator than try to convert one. Just easier and cheaper usually....
Yes wriken put a 18hp Briggs electric start on his 36" MTD hydro w/b. Just wait and you'll see how i do it :) i'll post pics.

fga
09-01-2004, 12:27 AM
i have a hardly used 18 - 20hp on a murry lawn tractor. was thinking of slapping it on my 48" bobcat(but the kawi runs fine), or my forever project 32" Kees. i might have already spoken to you about it awhile back.. it has the starter/alternator on it, but that pesky wiring!

vipermanz
09-01-2004, 04:33 AM
you gonna leave the deere logo on it???? :D !!

FrankenScagMachines
09-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Uh, prolly not LOL............................. is this 15 characters now Sean???? man i am tired of that!

Eric 1
09-01-2004, 12:28 PM
Man, i dont know how you find the time.

I am maintaining 20 lawns and have 3 landscape jobs backed up. More than enough to keep me busy, let alone all these little projects you do.

FrankenScagMachines
09-01-2004, 12:37 PM
i work my hind end off thats for sure. i work to about 9:30 or 10 at night outside... still don't know how i do it myself sometimes. think i need to slow down sometimes then think, nah i enjoy it i'm a workaholic :cool:

Gravely_Man
09-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Eric, You sure do like to keep busy. That is a good thing if you keep everything else balanced. Get that thing changed over.

Gravely_Man

Itsgottobegreen
09-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Hey I might be able to swing on by and give you a hand. I work to hard. The only time I slow down is when I go to my college classes in the morning. Thats usally when I get my sleep. LOL