PDA

View Full Version : Exmark 52" Cut, 23hp mower

PFlorenzano
09-01-2004, 09:29 AM
Hello everyone,

Can you please tell me if this is a good deal or not? A 2003 Exmark riding lawn mower with a 52" deck, 23hp engine for $2700,00 with shipping.

Please let me know.

Thank you for your answers.

Peter

BMFD92
09-01-2004, 03:30 PM
that is a very very good deal. Unless the mower doesnt work but it sounds good considering that maching would cost 7 to 8 thousand new

PFlorenzano
09-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Hi BMFD92,

Thank you for your reply. I've been pulling prices of the net this morning and the cheapest that I have found was $7600!.

This machine is being shipped from the Czech Republic and is brand new with 0 hours. It sounds to good to be true so I'm requesting a picture of the serial number, hour meter and pictured from every corner. He did send one picture which looked like the Lazer model LHP5223KA.

I will keep you updated on this.

Thanks,

Pete.:)

tonygreek
09-02-2004, 10:28 PM
BE CAREFUL BE CAREFUL BE CAREFUL!!!

As the addage goes, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.
If you do any form of dealing on this, I would strongly suggest using a credit card only, for the protection (check to see if they cover int'l sales, though) or if cash only, use an escrow service.
The info you're asking for is something I could send you as well and then cash your check. Care to go to the Czech over 2,600 bucks?

Oh, and be careful....

Tony

gogetter
09-02-2004, 10:56 PM
It's an ebay SCAM!!! Don't waste another second on it.

There's tons of scams just like this everyday on ebay. Lots of them for mowers and motorcyles too.

PFlorenzano
09-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Thank you guys,

This does sound like a scam.

Thank you,

Pete

TiredOfWalking
09-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Big Ebay scam.

When it sounds too good...it usually is. Plus, the free shipping is a flag.

Had a guy who claimed to have a 52 in Tiger Cub with a 23hp kawi....very few hours. Beginning price was around $4200. I asked if he would take less if I picked it up. I figured shipping from NY (where he said he was from) was about $400. So he came back and told me he'd take $3800 and he'd still ship it....but I had to send him $2800 up front.

I asked him where in NY he lived because I wanted to look at it. He said he lived in NYC...on 1st Ave I think, but never mentioned letting me go see the mower, pick it up and pay him. He wanted the $$ wired to him.

Since then he's had another ZTR for sale. I emailed him asking where he was and he replied with the same email as before telling my he was in NY. Then, a few hours later the listing was gone.

Now who the hell needs a huge ZTR in NYC? If it sounds too good...please beware!

chevyman1
09-17-2004, 09:47 AM
you can't even park a ZTR in that crappy city let alone mow with one :rolleyes:

DEA
09-17-2004, 02:59 PM
E-bay has turned into Scam Bay
You can almost always tell it's a scam when you e mail them and ask where you can pick this item up should I become the wining bidder.
Then they go into the details of free shipping send me a Western Union money transfer.
I tried to buy a couple of Harley's of of E-Bay.You know the to good to be true deals.When I asked them to use Escrow.Com that was the end of conversation.
However I bought several items off of the site with good results.
E-Bay tries to controll the fraud but cant catch all of it

MMLawn
09-17-2004, 03:27 PM
This machine is being shipped from the Czech Republic and is brand new with 0 hours. It sounds to good to be true so I'm requesting a picture of the serial number, hour meter and pictured from every corner. He did send one picture which looked like the Lazer model LHP5223KA.

I will keep you updated on this.

Thanks,

Pete.:)

zzzzpetey! Is this on the internet? eBay? It's a SCAM plain and simple!!! That machaine is $7700.00 and cost Exmark way more than $2,700 just to make it. :dizzy:

bobkat
09-19-2004, 08:58 PM
I seen this same mower on ebay and I sent him an email with questions about this.
I asked if he could do a Cash on Delivery or some safe way of getting this mower for this price with some assurance of not getting ripped off. He would not work at all with me. He needed the money up front and said he would ship after receiving the money.
I am sorry, I just can't justify sending $2,500.00 to someone out of the country and hope and wait for something to get here and no guarantee of any way of getting my money back if the deal goes bad.

Needless, to say I had to pass on the deal because
"""IT SOUNDED TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE"""