PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 1st Level Management

LapisRing
09-01-2004, 04:27 PM
I am recruiting for several high level managers in the landcare industry and I wanted to know if somebody had suggestions as to where I would reach the right audience. I need someone tenured, has experience with large budgets, managing multi-million dollar sales and preferrably comes from a big name company.

How do I locate these individuals?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

crawdad
09-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Well, that sounds like me, and a few others here, you've got my attention, but I'm currently unavailable for such a position. What are you offering as incentives?
Crawdad

TScapes
02-11-2005, 06:32 PM
I was contacted by an individual like yourself last year. To this day I don't know how they got my work address, as that is where I received the initial letter. I would assume that you could get info from the different industry associations, local associations and possibly magazine subscriptions. Do you mind me asking who you represent? The firm that came to me was representing Brickman, one of the best run and largest companies around. Unfortunately I was not willing to relocate at the time. Sounds interesting though!

i_plant_art
02-11-2005, 06:54 PM
put a classified ad in www.landscapejobs.com there are tons of them there and you can get/find what/who you are looking for. we used to look there for jobs and internships when i was in college.

LapisRing
02-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Thank you for that feedback. Every little bit of information truly helps me.

Thanks again.

LapisRing
02-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi TScapes,
I recruit for another one of the top Landscape companies, top competitor to Brickman. Is there anyway for you to give me your contact information in case you are interested in hearing about any Branch Management opportunities?

TScapes
02-15-2005, 08:44 AM
LapisRing,
You can send me an email (curt101@bellsouth.net). I am curious to hear what it is you have say and who you represent. That is my personal email, so feel free to email me anytime and I will be happy to give you a call.

4evergreenlawns
02-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Why is who you are hiring for being treated like a matter of national security?

If you have several poistions available and you are looking for a method of attracting people I think something silly like the company name would be important to the pool of people are you trying to reach.

Just metioning another company, (BRICKMAN) without offering the name of your company would send me running to the other company if I was looking for a job.

BTW Brickman might be a large company but talk to a few people that have WORKED for them before you jump in bed with them.

Good luck, hope things work out for you in that vacum you live in.

LapisRing
02-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Why is who you are hiring for being treated like a matter of national security?

If you have several poistions available and you are looking for a method of attracting people I think something silly like the company name would be important to the pool of people are you trying to reach.

Just metioning another company, (BRICKMAN) without offering the name of your company would send me running to the other company if I was looking for a job.

BTW Brickman might be a large company but talk to a few people that have WORKED for them before you jump in bed with them.

Good luck, hope things work out for you in that vacum you live in.
Thank you for your perspective. I guess I didn't want to make it look like a national security issue nor did I intend to look like I was living in a vacuum. I just am not familiar with the advertising restrictions on particular websites and didn't want to turn this into a job boad. Really just looking for ways to reach top tier candidates. Your feedback is useful. Can you suggest a better way for me to ask others for direction on reaching top tier candidates for the green industry without sounding snobby?

Thank you,