PDA

View Full Version : 16hp LW or 16hp BG Leaf Loader..

Fareway Lawncare
09-01-2004, 06:22 PM
May have to Start Sucking Leaves again as City is Stopping Curbside Pick-Up...Unfortunately Sold my Loader/Hopper set-up 10 years ago when City Started Mechanical Leaf Pick Up but now it looks like I'm Back in the Game!?!?!

Need Best Reduction Possible & of course least Clogging & Reliable Loader...Will likely be Trailer Mounted....Don't Need to Load too Mulch Almost Everything so 16hp Should Fit the Bill...

Billy Goat 16hp is Slightly Less eXpensive than 16hp Little Wonder....Which is Better ?!?

LB Landscaping
09-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Have you compared the two side by side??? I did and the Little Wonder is significantly bigger. I like the LW's impeller system and the replacable liners. I got the LW for the same $$$ as the Billy. I used it this spring and loved it, never clogged, handled anything I could give it.

Fareway Lawncare
09-01-2004, 10:34 PM
Dealer has to order so I can't demo either...Only concern about the LW is it's a New Model....The reduction looks like it may be better....Price about $300CND more for the LW....

LB Landscaping
09-01-2004, 11:15 PM
I didn't demo either. Do a search we have talked about both models in the past. They both have the Briggs Vanguard, the LW is significantly bigger than the BG, might be too big for some operations.

Runner
09-01-2004, 11:18 PM
This is just an idea, but if the city is stopping their curbside pickup, would they have any of those small trailer versions of those vacs for auction? Who was it, I believe it was Lawngodfather that bought one of those and fixed it up. He had some pics of it on here, I believe.
Also, for a 300 dollar difference, I think I would go with the LW with the replacable neck liner. They also have the serrated teeth on the impeller.

Fareway Lawncare
09-02-2004, 12:10 AM
I live in city w/pop over 4 Million Runner....City Leaf Vacs are a Little to Large to be considered as independant LCO equip....LGF's Rig is a Toy compared to Our Former City Leaf Machines....

Regardless, I'm going LW because of the Talon Dealio....Last Rig I had was a Hi-Way w/integrated Hopper that fit over a Dump Body....Too bad they don't make those anymore !?!?!