PDA

View Full Version : Velke x2 or Jungle Wheels?

Eclipse
09-01-2004, 08:43 PM
I just aquired a Velke x2 to replace the single wheel Velke I had on that particular machine. The only other 2 wheel sulkys I have used have been the Jungle wheels. I really like the larger area for your feet on the Velke x2 and the fact that when backing up the Velke does not kink like the Jungle Wheels.

I have a question though, overall what is a better unit that will need less repair and last longer. I have had good luck with Jungle Wheels in these areas but I am thinking of switching to the Velke's if they seem to hold up as well. The only real drawback I see with the Velke is the smaller diameter wheels and smaller wheel bearings or is this a moot point?

Or, is there a more preferred unit out there other than these two mentioned. FWIW - The Jungle Wheels are pretty much all that is used and sold in my area so this would explain my lack of exposure to other alternatives.

Your comments and advice are much appreciated?

locutus
09-01-2004, 09:36 PM
When I tried out the Jungle Wheels I didn't like the amount of flex in the platform. Made it feel weak to me. I wound up buying the Velke x2 as you did and have had no problems at all. Just remember to grease it daily.

lawnprosteveo
09-01-2004, 11:59 PM
I agree with locutus. I have used both and the jungle wheel is too "weak" feeling. Also its a pain if you need to reverse your mower.

Green Care
09-02-2004, 12:10 AM
All we have is velke 2x is the best.

Eclipse
09-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I did notice the Velke x2 seemed stiffer too but I assumed that was more because my Jungle Wheels were older and wearing out some.

I guess my new replacements will be Velkes :)

Pecker
09-02-2004, 12:00 PM
I like my Velke x2 also. Very sturdy.

Rick Jones
09-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Ever try a BullRider? They are the real deal!

Lawn-N-Garden Guy
09-02-2004, 06:39 PM
I too use a Bull Rider ,I got it this spring works fine specialy with a Hydro

PLM-1
09-02-2004, 08:39 PM
ProSlide...nothing like it!

rcav8er
09-02-2004, 08:54 PM
I agree with the Velke X2 I love it! I had a Pro Slide but it really
sucked with my belt brive. Maybe ok with a hydro, but it was basically unusable on hills. With the Pro Slide I had to drag the down hill brake to stay on the hill, very difficult.
With the Velke X2 NO PROBLEMS on hills and much easier to control.

The only problem I have with the X2 is the gear shift interferring with the fwd vertical swivel. My gear shift is on the bottom of the gear box and hits the fore arm as it pivots up.

Anybody had trouble with this? Suggestions?

Thanks Bryan

locutus
09-02-2004, 08:56 PM
rcav8tr, use a longer chain.