PDA

View Full Version : How To Get Employees

GreenTouch LawnCare
09-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Its hard to fine someone to work, i would like to get someone that knows what the're doing but i dont know how to advertise for a job opening.

can i please get some help

dcondon
09-01-2004, 09:13 PM
do a search........... lot's of good info:)

corey
09-01-2004, 09:21 PM
I'm needing a job

Premo Services
09-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by GreenTouch LawnCare
Its hard to fine someone to work, i would like to get someone that knows what the're doing but i dont know how to advertise for a job opening.

can i please get some help

Man, I sure would like to give you the answer. I have had to let 2 employees go this summer because it became a problem. They both had good experience in landscale and lawn maintenance. After a month or so and we were clicking real good, doing jobs in record time, I would have them trim bushes while i did something else. Well I thought it was a dream come true, but it soon turned into a real nitemare on elm street with both of them. they would try to question how I was doing things, tell me how they would do work for no charge for the customers because they were my constant customers,the other actually started to time me when I was doing something, and try to catch me in a bind, just like I would have done an employee. They both are history now and I am back to me, myself and I till I find someone I can train to do it the way I want it done.

Moral of the lesson I learned is if they know a good deal about this kind of work and are looking for work, nine times out of ten is that they were canned from last job because of knowing it all and trying to tell owner how to run his business...

corey
09-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Thats about the truth premo were suffreing from the same problem right now but training is becoming the super mind blower right now . vertical edging with a line trimmer isn't that hard but to this guy it must be impossible

Premo Services
09-01-2004, 09:46 PM
I know all about that, it seems like it takes forever and a day for them to get something into their thick heads, but if they at least listen, and their ears are not full of $h!T, then you might have a good employee one day. I will take the extra time to try to train someone and give some time to learn the job, and, with my maturity, I will cut some slack and see if that might work.

corey
09-01-2004, 10:03 PM
well the kid seems like he wants to learn it but it doesn't absorb as quickly as i would like it too. were needing a second crew but we can't do it like this. but he has went from payroll to only training time which is going to lower my cost of payroll until he learns it so that makes me think that he is willing to learn and likes what hes doing

greeneakers04
09-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Corey/GreenTouch, I'm in W-S too. I currently only take care of a handful of residential accounts, looking to go full-time next season. But Ii would love to help you guys out anytime. Be nice to meet some local Lawnsite folks. How much would you pay someone with good experience? Would gladly help out most evenings after my FT job and weekends. Also, could be an opportunity for me to practice on a walk-behind.

So, to answer your question about finding employees....if you're just looking for some part-time help, you just found it!!

Send me a PM, thanks.

Brad