PDA

View Full Version : lazer roll over fatality

Coffeecraver
09-01-2004, 11:02 PM
The City of Richmond lost an employee on Thursday last week.

He was cutting on a hill and was going around a tree on the edge
he was by himself and the mower rolled over the hill pinning him underneath.

Several men tried to lift the mower off of him,but could not.

He was on the side of the hill where the mower landed against a chainlink fence. His chest was crushed,the fire department removed the mower but he died at the hospital

He left a wife and twins he was 46

:(

jpp
09-01-2004, 11:06 PM
A prayer will be said for the Wife and Twins. A prayer will also be said for the city of Richmond. Thanks for the information.

JP

beransfixitinc
09-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Not that it changes the outcome, but I wonder if the ROPS was in operating position and if he was wearing the seatbelt?

If he was wearing the belt, and the ROPS was in operating position, it may trigger some kind of redesign of the setup to create a slight arch over the operator.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
09-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Thats a shame. Thoughts will be with him and his family.

HighGrass
09-02-2004, 12:30 AM
Any more details on position, traval etc might help save someone elses life. I mow some hills, I usually go straight up and down.

HighGrass
09-02-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by beransfixitinc
Not that it changes the outcome, but I wonder if the ROPS was in operating position and if he was wearing the seatbelt?

If he was wearing the belt, and the ROPS was in operating position, it may trigger some kind of redesign of the setup to create a slight arch over the operator.

Yep. Depending on following details, i may go get one installed.

Lawnmedics
09-02-2004, 12:42 AM
It is terrible to hear news like that. He will be in our families thoughts and prayers.

PMLAWN
09-02-2004, 01:24 AM
Sad to hear.

I have an enclosed trailer and the ROP just hits the roof so I have to put it down. At times I will not put it up just to save time. I will think about this now and make time.

Safety should always be first on our minds--ALWAYS!

moneyman
09-02-2004, 04:51 AM
The majority of the public does not realize but public works employees Keep the city going. To bad the Police and Fire Dept are the only ones who get recognition and death benefits when they die on the job..

Coffeecraver
09-02-2004, 06:09 AM
The man was mowing an area he was not familar with.

The Tropical Depression Gaston came through Richmond and wiped out that hill.

No one else will ever have to mow that.