PDA

View Full Version : What to do

valley boy
09-01-2004, 11:44 PM
Just got email from customer . She said that they noticed a couple of small holes in a window ( Dads Place we cut for son and daughter dads very old ) She said they were not there previously . She asks if lawn mower or blower could have caused damage. There is some rocks in a bed (large 1-1/2" ) near back of house 3-4 feet from house , no rocks on lawn . We have been cutting this place all season never had rocks fly from mower or trimmer , my blower hand held not much power to blow rocks up four to five feet off ground to break a window. Did not notice anything flying around , normally if you hit rocks you hear them .

What should I do ??? she is not saying we broke window or asking for a replacement . If I threw up some rocks I think they would go right through ??? Any suggestions !!!!

Trevors Lawn Care
09-01-2004, 11:47 PM
You prolly didnt do it...I dont have experience with shooting rocks through windows, but when we used to shoot BB guns through windows, they would shatter for the most part.

Trevor

valley boy
09-01-2004, 11:50 PM
Throwing rocks as a kid I always broke the window good or left a big hole . I would think that a rock coming off the mower would travel fast enough to go right through or shatter the window.

HOOLIE
09-02-2004, 12:49 AM
If you broke that window, you would have heard it, believe me. The one time it happened to me I about jumped outta my skin, sounded like a gunshot.

dkeisala
09-02-2004, 12:56 AM
The only time this has ever happened to me was at a small industrial plant we take care of, trimming around a back parking area. Plant manager called and said a hole was found in a small window on their delivery vehicle. I told him it was quite possible but honestly couldn't tell him whether we did it or not. He was totally cool about the situation. I told him to get back to me after it was repaired. Never heard about it again and we still maintain the property.

I would say to be honest, tell them you aren't aware of any damage and if you had, you would have informed them ASAP. Put the situation in their lap, ask how they would like to have the situation resolved then go from there.

valley boy
09-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks guys
My son who helps me said he noticed the holes in week #1 or #2 this season . We still could have done this , but some time ago like late May or early June .

Firstclasslawn
09-03-2004, 12:09 AM
If it was me I would just eat it and replace the window, i would say honestly ma'm I can assure you that to my best knowledge we did NOT do this, however there is a chance it could have been done from us so I will go ahead and have it replaced due to the fact that I value you as a customer, FROM now on she will love you and talk you up to anyone that she speaks to...