PDA

View Full Version : Dog Poop

alpine692003
09-02-2004, 02:12 AM
Sigh,

No matter how many times I see dog poop, I always get an upset stomach when I see this.

:( :( :(

PMLAWN
09-02-2004, 02:18 AM
I am installing 4 Poop stations in a HOA common area that if the people use them(and that is a big IF), I will have to change the bags each week in the can. Can't wait to see how that works.
Coulds be worse, could work at Walmart and have to clean the bathrooms.

Turf Dancer
09-02-2004, 02:23 AM
Just working at Wal Mart would be bad enough without having to clean the can!

alpine692003
09-02-2004, 02:27 AM
LOL ...

There are houses that I just upset stomachs each time I see dog poop. I guess if I had a dog, I would get use to the dog poop.

dkeisala
09-02-2004, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by alpine692003
LOL ...

There are houses that I just upset stomachs each time I see dog poop. I guess if I had a dog, I would get use to the dog poop. No you wouldn't, I've got too dogs and it's bad enough dealing with their poop but I don't expect anyone else to have to deal with my dogs poop so therefore I don't want to have to deal with their dogs poop.

Turf Dancer
09-02-2004, 02:32 AM
Well said ! I have a Lab and the only reason I tolerate her poop is because I love her more than any woman I have ever met and I have more respect for her than any woman I have ever met and she poops in the yard !

alpine692003
09-02-2004, 02:34 AM
Ya..

So tell me something, when you guys mow someone's lawn and you see dog poop what do you do?

Do you go over it and run it over? do you use a shovel and scoop it out somewhere else?

Turf Dancer
09-02-2004, 02:42 AM
If I know it is their dog I tell them he first time I see it that I am only picking it up once after that it is a different story, one warning then if I have to touch it with my shovel I charge them $5, if it is someone who just doesn't care I might go over it ! If I know the neighbor lets their dog crap there then I have no problem heaving it over the fence or in one case I put it in the guys bed of his new shiny powerstroke bed!

PMLAWN
09-02-2004, 02:43 AM
If they have a dog I will mow the back first so if I miss I can get most off before I go back on the trailer. I will try to straddle and not run the tire through it. No I will not pick it up --Don't have time and don't want to do it. I only have one yard that is a problem. the others are always picked up. I find I have more problem in the front yards from others walking their dogs and letting them do on others property. Some people have no respect.

Turf dancer--Just working at Wally-- bad enough--LOL

PMLAWN
09-02-2004, 02:45 AM
To make clear about the straddle--- I mow at 3.5" so I do not hit it with the blades. (almost never)

l1011100
09-02-2004, 03:00 AM
If you hit it at 3.5" I would just leave, that is one dog I dont want to mess with.

PMLAWN
09-02-2004, 03:22 AM
1011100-- LMAO, and on that note I'm going to bed- goodnight!

dkeisala
09-02-2004, 11:29 AM
What's great is when we use the Walker in the summer. Nice hot day and a bunch of dry dog poop. Those Walkers have a blower unit on them to get the grass in the hopper and the hopper has a mesh screen across the top that allows air, dust and small debris to escape. Those dry dog poop piles get sucked up, turned into dog poop dust and all of the sudden you are sorrounded by a cloud of it.

crawdad
09-02-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Turf Dancer
If I know it is their dog I tell them he first time I see it that I am only picking it up once after that it is a different story, one warning then if I have to touch it with my shovel I charge them $5, if it is someone who just doesn't care I might go over it ! If I know the neighbor lets their dog crap there then I have no problem heaving it over the fence or in one case I put it in the guys bed of his new shiny powerstroke bed!

Oh, it's just a turd, don't get yer panties in a wad. here we go again with the turdophibia thread.
Easy, You look for signs of dogs when you price the job. Last week, this gal had a big yard, and a dog lot(with a small gate). I priced the lawn at 50 without the dog lot, or 60 including the "mined area". She took the 50 dollar deal, and we're both happy.
Crawdad payup

alpine692003
09-02-2004, 12:37 PM
LOL .. I only have a 21" mower...

Damn dogs.