PDA

View Full Version : opinions

jakexx
09-02-2004, 06:24 PM
im going to be a first time ztr buyer . i would like some opinions
on the pro and cons of the liquid cooled engines vs the air cooled.
havent decided on brand yet have to check out dealer conveniance and demo
thanks!!!

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
09-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Ive only had air cooled everything. If they had a Liquid cooled engine option I would have went with that. Personally I think a liquid cooled engine would run a lot cooler than an air cooled one. Your using a coolent system similar to a car's. Even the liquid cooled still use air to cool the engine and radiator to cool the liquid. Air cooled will be cheaper, but the there is more to go wrong with a liquid cooled system. Either way the cooler an engine can run the better it is lubricated. More lubrication means less friction which = long engine life.

rtyus
09-02-2004, 09:09 PM
We're in Florida too and in our heat I think the liquid-cooled is the way to go. Engine life is much longer. I also prefer the diesel over gas, but if I had to I would take a liquid-cooled gas burner as my second choice. Just my opinion of course.

mowerman90
09-02-2004, 09:21 PM
I've had both. People will say what they want but it all boils down to this. Yes, a water cooled engine will last almost twice as long as the air cooled. But how long will the mower last? An engine with another 1500 hrs life in it won't do you any good if it's on a worn out mower that needs replaced. I'll never buy a water cooled again, not when I can buy a replacement air cooled engine for less than $1600