PDA

View Full Version : OCDC for Hustler wb

chuskey
09-02-2004, 07:13 PM
I've got a Hustler 48in walkbehind that currently has a mulch kit on it. It works well, but I've been getting accounts latley that I'm having to push longer than I like and the mulch kit sometimes slows me down. I was wondering if I would be better off with an OCDC, if anyone makes them for the wb. I would still need to "mulch" in certain areas I mow, and I also like to mulch leaves. Would the cut with the ocdc closed be anywhere near the mulch kit? Thanks.

imograss
09-02-2004, 10:11 PM
The OCDC is better, I have one on my Super Z. They do not work like a mulch kit. They are only used for short bursts to keep grass off drives and beds. If left closed it will pack up and clump. I do 95% side discharge and 5% mulch with the OCDC. It was the best time saving device I have ever purchased, next to the Super Z.

PaulJ
09-03-2004, 11:19 AM
Nobody makes an ocdc for the hustler walkbehinds. I spent alot of time trying to find a company that would make one. No takers. They all said "mabey someday" So we will have to make our aown. I thnk I am going to use the factory chute and modify it to go completly closed. Not sure yet about linkage to control it.
Good luck.

sailinstud420
09-03-2004, 03:49 PM
has anyone every considered using their hydro's as a way to open and close the ocdc? I have an ocdc i made, but I haven't yet hooked up a linkage to control it. It is all out foot operated and a real pain!! I was wondering if anyone has considered tapping into one of the hydro lines and using that as a way to open and close. It'd be tough to do, but really sweet!!!

PaulJ
10-08-2004, 02:30 AM
Here'swhat I made out of the factory chute. Some bending and cutting andit does the job. NO remote controls yet just flip it up or down with my foot. I can hang the catcher on the side with the chute up. I might come up with a cabvle control this winter.

Sorry the pics are'nt better.

grass_cuttin_fool
10-08-2004, 09:14 AM
search this thread http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=84558&page=1&pp=10 Meg mo has a new ocdc out on the market

Meg-Mo
10-08-2004, 09:50 AM
Looking at Paul pic. our OCDC should work fine on those mowers.

PaulJ
10-27-2004, 02:04 AM
But will it be in the way if a grass catcher is needed? As much as i would like not to. Istill have to bagg some of the time and need to be able to switch to and from bagging instantly. I don't think I am the only one.

Also on the one I built the front and back of the plate curvback to help funnle clippings some when partially open, (more like the original chute) and prevent some of the blowout when closed.