PDA

View Full Version : Permagreen?

Stripper
09-02-2004, 06:48 PM
I'm cosidering buying a Permagreen for my lawn business, and would like opinions to help form my decision.

I guess the first thing I'd like is feedback on the permagreen itself. Is there something better out there in the same price range?

I'm trying to justify the cost of a ride-on since I only have a couple of handfulls of spray jobs. I have a very good chance of picking up the spraying job from existing customers. Several of these customers I'm refering to have LARGE lawns. Is there a certain criteria I should go by? Right now I'm just using a Lesco broadcaster and a Lesco 200 gal. spray tank.

We're also discussing advertising in the yellow pages to try and grab market share? That topic is in the "Elements of Business" under "Yellow Pages".

I would appreciate any opinions you might have, and I'm always open to ideas!

LwnmwrMan22
09-02-2004, 06:52 PM
Look under "Pesticide and Fertilizing" forum. MUCH info there.

Duramax99
09-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Can you pull all the lawns with your 200 gallon sprayer?? Stick with the tank and the push spreader. $5,000.00 dollars is a big investment for a permagreen. Wait until you establish a good client base to take that plunge.

Stripper
09-03-2004, 01:26 AM
DURAMAX99,

I HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING BY WITH THE SETUP I HAVE NOW. BELIEVE ME, SHELLING OUT $5000 IS NOT MY IDEA OF FUN. I'M JUST NOT SETUP TO CARRY EXTRA WATER TANK. IF I GET SOME OF THESE BIGGER JOBS, I THINK I'M GOING TO BE IN A PINCH? I GUESS I HAVE TO GET THE JOB FIRST.

Itsgottobegreen
09-03-2004, 10:52 AM
I have ran one of those little perma green spreaders. A fun little machine. But again, would you have enough work to buy one.

This is why I sub all my spray/fert work to a friend. I don't have the time, equipment, or license needed. Plus I really don't want to do it in the first place.

Stripper
09-03-2004, 11:23 AM
ITSGOTOBEGREEN,

AS OF RIGHT NOW, I PERSONALLY DON'T THINK I HAVE ENOUGH BUSINESS TO JUSTIFY THE COST. I'M TRYING TO GET OTHER PEOPLES OPINION IN CASE I MIGHT NEED TO LOOK AT IT A DIFFERENT WAY? I'M ALMOST CERTAIN I'M GOING TO RUN A YELLOW PAGES AD TO DRUM UP BUSINESS.

Itsgottobegreen
09-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Well my friend who I sub my work to. Built his own, spreader/spray rig. (with lots of my help, I gave him the idea of building it and then how to build it.) Its home brewed, but it works great. Got an old ZTR sitting around?

Stripper
09-03-2004, 01:01 PM
No, but not to say there's one out there to be had for the right price. What did you come up with in your design, if you don't mind me asking?