PDA

View Full Version : Took the camera this week

lqmustang
09-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Finally rememberd to take my camera, have a few pics I'd like to share.......

lqmustang
09-02-2004, 06:54 PM
baa, wrong format, let's try that again.......

lqmustang
09-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Same house, back yard. Not sure what that white blur is, maybe a bird flying by?? Not bad stripes for a Scag 48 wb, no striping kit...

lqmustang
09-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Last one for now, same yard again, another angle from the other back corner. Has quite a bit of slope as the yard moves off the pic to the right....

zpoore
09-02-2004, 07:45 PM
great job especially with out a stripe kit

ALarsh
09-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Is there something growing in the road on the first pic?

Nice pics.

lqmustang
09-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Nothing growing in the road. I think you are seeing rust streaks from some of the material in the asphalt.

I almost gave up on this lawn a couple weeks after I got it this spring. It was severly over fertilized, and was growing at about an inch per day!! :eek: I was cutting it every 3 days, and occasionally the home owner would go out and cut to help save a bit on their bill. It's now one of my favorites because it cuts beautifully, and is now growing at a much easier to maintain rate.

greenedge
09-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Good thing you kept it. I would look forward to cutting it.
It looks really nice!

gogetter
09-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by lqmustang

I almost gave up on this lawn a couple weeks after I got it this spring. It was severly over fertilized, and was growing at about an inch per day!! :eek:
and is now growing at a much easier to maintain rate.

Looks good. Is there anything different being done that changed the growing rate? Or just the season?

I have a lawn that I'm ready to give up everytime I go there to cut! It's so over fertilized! It hasn't slowed down AT ALL.

Only cutting it weekly, but won't make that same mistake again next year. Customer will be told that it will be cut "as needed", which will be every 3 or 4 days. They can take it or leave it.

lqmustang
09-02-2004, 10:34 PM
The home owner was doing the fert himself. I told him he needed to lay off for a good while, which he did. I was also bagging the lawn for a while, and I think that may have helped to take some of the fert out of the equation. He is now using slow release fert with alot less N. The summer season I am sure is also playing in some. We'll see how it goes next spring when we hit the big spring bonzai growth again. This year's spring was scary.

gogetter
09-02-2004, 10:42 PM
I see. My customer uses one of the big spray services.

We'll see who they choose to drop next season, me or the spray guys. LOL!

o-so-n-so
09-05-2004, 09:35 PM
The rust is most likely from the "iron" in the fertilizer that someone put on that lawn. I had an account where the owner had spread some fert with iron and didn't blow off his concrete drive. The results were the same as in the photo.

lawn looks good...........

Patrick.B
09-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Nice yard but i think got to much lines where u have cut the grass ,,,maybe my mower is defferent from your ..my mower cut grass without line ,,,anyway nice ,,,