PDA

View Full Version : 32 stitches later

NC Scaper
09-03-2004, 12:25 AM
What a friggin day, just minding mu own business trimming hedges whn out of nowhere a dang German shepherd bites the hell out of my leg causing me to some how or another my hand hit the trimmer slicing it then to my leg right above the knee and finally stopped on my left boot, but I managed to pick it back up and trim his dang arse. (other than that I had a great day). Well I just needed to tell someone.

jajwrigh
09-03-2004, 12:48 AM
I am sorry to hear that! Good luck with the healing process...

Lbilawncare
09-03-2004, 01:59 AM
Wow, sounds like you were pretty lucky, could have been a lot worse. Hope you heal quickly, was it your customers dog?

NC Scaper
09-03-2004, 02:26 AM
No, I don't know whose dog it was, but wheni finally got to the docs office they thought I had been in a knife fight LOL, The local animal control caught the dog and so they are gonne test it for rabies, I really hope that thing aint got that mess. But I will know something in the morning though.

jaytee
09-03-2004, 02:28 AM
that sucks..i hope you trimmed him a new one.

Richard Martin
09-03-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by NC Scaper
The local animal control caught the dog and so they are gonne test it for rabies, I really hope that thing aint got that mess.

That sounds like a rough day but I'm glad you basically okay.

It's too bad for the dog though. You do know how they test for rabies don't you?

Dwan
09-03-2004, 05:15 AM
Be sure and give the dog owner the bill. Hope all is well on your part.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
09-03-2004, 06:49 AM
Sorry to hear that. Did you really trim the dog too?

MOW ED
09-03-2004, 08:02 AM
yeeowch, I can just imagine standing there with the trimmer humming and feeling like you are a human dog bone in a split second.
Did they ever find out who owned the dog?

Hopefully they did and they will be picking up the tab for all the medical expenses you have to endure. Did you get a tetnus shot also or were you up to date?
I love animals but only love them when they love me. That dog should be put down.
I wish you a fast recovery.

grass_cuttin_fool
09-03-2004, 09:05 AM
I had a neighbors pit bull come at me one time will i was trimming around the house. need less to say he didnt like that .95 line buzzing in his face. I think that is the only thing that saved me that day, Hope you get well soon

slicklawns
09-03-2004, 09:17 AM
Arse, I haven't heard that word for 15 years since I left Tipperary.

NC Scaper
09-03-2004, 09:34 AM
Alright good new!!! The dog is negative for rabies and yes the owner was contacted and actually insisted the bill come to them. Luckily my two full time guys came back from vacation last night so I can try to take it easy today. I have to go to to a surgeon next week do to possible tissue damage :( but all in all I am just glad I am still alive. Yes I had just got my tetnus shot about a week ago and yes I did really trimmed the dog. Well at least the painkillers are good LOL. But thank for yalls support with the good luck recovery and all.

KathysLGC
09-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Hope they got good Ins.... I see a equipment in your future.....LoL

NC Scaper
09-06-2004, 12:16 AM
I was thinking the same thing :cool2:

Bull
09-06-2004, 12:30 AM
NC Scaper, where are you located? I am pretty close to you I am sure?

Tom-N-Texas
09-06-2004, 12:31 AM
Good thing the hedge trimmer didn't mess up the family jewels!!! Makes me cringe just thinking about possible mishaps with hedge-trimmers.

NC Scaper
09-06-2004, 12:56 AM
I am located in Northern Davidson County, but all my accounts are in Forsyth and Guilford

Bull
09-06-2004, 01:36 AM
NC Scaper, I work out of the Elkin area about 50 miles NW of where you are at. However I work a full time job at an electronics plant real close to you. Intersection of 109 and Gumtree Road.

NC Scaper
09-06-2004, 01:40 AM
Yep Tyco I think it is thats about 5 min away if I am not speeding

Bull
09-06-2004, 01:44 AM
You're right. How is you're business going? You are in a very populated area with a lot of potential but I would guess a lot of competition as well.

Up North
09-06-2004, 01:49 AM
NC Scaper,
Hope the healing process is quick and the Docs don't have to mess around much. At least the dog owners fessed up and are willing to shoulder the responsibility...that's something you rarely see these days.

Good Luck & glad you at least had a chance to shorten his tail! :blob2:

Buck

NC Scaper
09-06-2004, 02:30 AM
Well the business is going great and yes with it growing around here there is potential and yes the competitoin is enogh to make you scream at times. Here recently I am have to contract work out cause i have landed a lot of landscaping jobs. Who is it that does Tyco, I have always wondered why they are not laying some stripes with the size of that place.

Robert

Bull
09-06-2004, 04:24 AM
Brickman has had it for a while now but boy have they gotten sorry. Now they are to the point of spraying 6 to 8 inches from the walks and curbs to reduce trimming. A stripe is the last thing on their mind plus a lot of the grass is Bermuda which does not stripe that well.

KenH
09-06-2004, 08:36 AM
How do they test a dog for rabies????

Bull
09-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Well to put it mildly his head and body are no longer as one.

NC Scaper
09-09-2004, 12:09 AM
Just to give u guys an update I went to the surgeon today and will not need any surgery. :drinkup:

65hoss
09-09-2004, 12:37 AM
I think I would have gone to the truck, got the 45 out and chased that dog all over until I shot the thing.

A few years ago when I had the HUD contract I was doing a job were the next door house had a very mean German Shepard. It would hit the fence at full speed trying to get thru. I went to the truck and put the 45 on. The owner was walking out the front as I was making my way back. I told him up front, if that dog comes thru or over that fence it was DEAD. He must have believed me. A minute later he put the dog up until I left.

NoWalk4Me
09-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Way to go 65Hoss. Dog vs. good ol' southern man w/ a 45ACP. NO contest! Don't get me wrong, I'm an animal lover (got 3 indoor dogs) but I believe in "fair play".

geogunn
09-09-2004, 12:12 PM
people are supposed to be responsible for their animals.

I am responsible for mine and stand good for it's actions at all times.

I believe a dog attack such as this one is basis for legal action against the owner.

GEO