PDA

View Full Version : Me vs dog

big tim afm
09-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Well I'm just starting out, first job gutter cleaning oh buy going to make some money! I did'nt know I would be fighting off a dog with the aggression of a wolverine. Mind you I'm 6'2 315 size 17 boot and trained to fight in m.m.a full contact sport. That did'nt me s>>t to that dog. Well to make a long story short I did work for this older lady and she did'nt mention she had a dog, dam I should have asked he for sure. I go up on the ladder start cleaning the gutters and I get down to move the ladder and he saw me and he started to bark and growl, I gave him a few verbal order to disperse the area, no his yard i'm the visitor I gave another order to disperse the area, as a full time corrections officer this order works with the inmates I work with but not with the dog, still he was not buying it "his yard". He move's at me and I took off running "big mistake". I trip as he hits my feet and it was on then. Rolling on the ground with this huge dog on me, the woman saw me and her dog fighting and she came out and yelled at her dog to stop he then gave up, or he kind of gave up I should say. I was paid full price and she gave me a tip also. Next time I will ask about the dog.

Forest
09-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Man, Glad you made it out alright. Dogs are great animals, but can get real nasty at times. Good luck in the future!

Rtom45
09-03-2004, 01:06 PM
When I was much younger I used to work for a vet. He told me, never turn your back on a dog - back away if you have to. I'm thinking, if you're allowed to carry pepper spray without violating any ordinances, that may be a solution.

JB1
09-03-2004, 01:13 PM
We have a place with some very bad dogs, one of the guys said he wasn't afraid of them as long as he had a weedeater in his hands, funny part is I think the dogs would just eat the weedeater as food.

snowmizer
09-03-2004, 02:21 PM
so anwyways who one?

snowmizer
09-03-2004, 02:22 PM
sorry, who won?

Mark McC
09-03-2004, 07:54 PM
Here's an old joke...very old joke.

Guy goes to do some gorilla removal work with a new helper. Old lady says there's a gorilla in her tree. Looks up "gorilla removal" in the phone book and voila.

This guy, his helper and a very mean dog head over to the lady's house. The guy gets a baseball bat out and hands his helper a shotgun.

"Here's the deal," he tells his helper. "I'm gonna go up this tree, hit the gorilla with the baseball bat and when he hits the ground, the dog will grab the gorilla by the balls with his teeth and immobliize the gorilla. Then we tie the gorilla up, throw him in the cage and off we go."

"What do I do with the shotgun?" asked the helper.

The guy shakes his head as if dealing with a total idiot. "Well, if that gorilla outsmarts me and I end up hitting the ground, I want you to shoot that da**ed DOG!"