PDA

View Full Version : My Site

GreenTouch LawnCare
09-03-2004, 10:54 PM
www.GreenTouchLawn.com

Team Gopher
09-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Hi GreenTouch LawnCare,

Nice site and nice lawn pictures. Would you consider posting some of your lawn pics in our best lawn challenge (http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=81092)?

MudslinginFX4
09-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Nice site greentouch, I like the pictures and the format.

Lawn-Scapes
10-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Pictures? One looks like it belongs to Eric Elm and the other computer generated. It's a nice site but can't you show any of your actual work?

tonygreek
10-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Sorry, Greentouch, but I'll be the contrarian. The other people posting here must all be on pure T-1 mega-bandwidth connections or be your competitors :) .

On dial-up it took a couple of minutes just to load the homepage. Not seconds. As an fyi, a page should be less than 50-100k for a homepage so that a visitor does not leave due to loading time. Your page is unbelievably large. 1.65 MB! If you leave the site in it's present state, you will suffer for it when prospective customer's don't wait out the several minutes it will take just to see the 1st page load.

logo image = 424k!
menu images total to = 1MB!
lawn image 1 = 87k
lawn image 2 = 140k (what's with the computer generated shot?)

A couple of recommendations here:
you are using html code to force mega-high resolution images into the page. Shrink the images down with software, and then insert them. I loaded just the image links and you can see what I mean.
http://www.greentouchlawn.com/images/GreenTouch-1.jpg

Also, take those logo and menu graphics to .gif format and not .jpg

If these are beyond your skills, I'd hire someone or use templates that gopher probably has.

Btw, I'm still waiting for the pic of you on the about us page to load.... it's almost 1mb as well. You can have the same quality image and have it less than 20k, or 50 times smaller.

Tony

Cut-Rite2
11-02-2004, 01:17 PM
I have to concur with tonygreek on this one. Do not use HTML code to adjust image size. The code should reflect the same image size as they actually are...they need to be resized manually in an image editing program. Your images are WAY too large. I'm using DSL and the homepage took about 3 minutes to load completely. Images should be under 20-30k each. You can use JPG format, but use medium to low quality on compression. In addition, you're using different fonts on your small image links, so you should be consistant with fonts. Overall design is good, but resize the graphics. I used to do graphic art and web design...go to email on my web page if you want some more information.

http://www.digitlfx.com

new2nash
11-02-2004, 06:46 PM
I like the feel of the site, it seems friendly. Note that in the following: "With all the rain the Triad has received, its time to clean those leafs out of the gutter and off your lawn" the word "leafs" should be "leaves." As-is it makes you look bad in my humble opinion. :)

tonygreek
11-02-2004, 08:20 PM
i see that it still takes an hour to load the page.

paul, were you actually seeking reviews of your site or just telling us you have one? i ask because i've responded to a couple of your posts and you never seem to revisit the threads you start.