PDA

View Full Version : Very Very wet area

Sneaky
09-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Looked at a site today that was unreal. It is about 2 acres that stays wet nearly all the time. I mean when I walked on it I sank up to my ankles. Don't really know how to approach this one. I was thinking that the only way I could do it would be to put dual wheels on my garden tractor and pull one or possibly two wing mowers. Any suggestions on this would help. Thanks.

all ferris
09-03-2004, 10:20 PM
walk away from it. If you do bid it, bid it really high.

SellPoint
09-03-2004, 10:21 PM
Plant some rice and call it good:p

EJK2352
09-03-2004, 10:21 PM
You could do what your signature line says. Spend all day doing it with a trimmer!!!

jphag
09-03-2004, 10:28 PM
I agree. Do it with a trimmer. Bid it high too high because with all the head aches you will encounter it still won't be enough $$$$$

Fantasy Lawns
09-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Yea I here your real WET ;->

cantoo
09-03-2004, 10:45 PM
I have a 4x4 Steiner with duals that would make short work of that most times. I am surprised at the amont of standing water I can drive through and not leave a mud trail like my ZTRs.

barnard
09-03-2004, 11:08 PM
All new developements here are required to have runoff detention structures. I mow one for a homeowners assoc. It stays wet and soggy a good deal of the time. I should have bailed on it long ago but I'm stubborn. I have used a string trimmer. BAD Idea way too long. A hover mower(really quite a bit of work), dual wheels all around on a 21 in self propelled. It sinks and spins. Finally as I drove my Old three wheeler (with big chevron and knobby combo tires) through the pond The light bulb Came on. I had an old murray hydro rider. I put a new set of atv tires on the back. I traised it up about 2 inches. The thing will go when your feet sink. Problem solved. If I know its been wet . I take the Swamp beast with me on the trailer.

txlawnking
09-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Barnard, I wanna see a pic..LOL That sounds like my kinda machine...

coastallandscapesolutions
09-04-2004, 09:21 AM
Walk away......

barnard
09-04-2004, 09:35 PM
txlawnking. I'm illiterate and don't have a digital camera/don't know how to post pics. I'm going to master it sometime though.

QualityLawnCare4u
09-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Looked at a site today that was unreal. It is about 2 acres that stays wet nearly all the time. I mean when I walked on it I sank up to my ankles. Don't really know how to approach this one. I was thinking that the only way I could do it would be to put dual wheels on my garden tractor and pull one or possibly two wing mowers. Any suggestions on this would help. Thanks.

Sneaky, since school was out today and I got to babysit unexpected me and twins checked out my yards. Every one was covered in limbs (@$%#%# pecan trees) and soaking wet. Will be couple of days before I can mow. Also my customers will not want to pay extra for the cleanup and I aint doing no 35-40 yard with a sh_tload of limbs! You may be picking up some new PITA customers when I refuse to do the cleanups for free! lol. I ran into this problem about 6 weeks ago after a storm.

Danny

Eric 1
09-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Sneaky, since school was out today and I got to babysit unexpected me and twins checked out my yards. Every one was covered in limbs (@$%#%# pecan trees) and soaking wet. Will be couple of days before I can mow. Also my customers will not want to pay extra for the cleanup and I aint doing no 35-40 yard with a sh_tload of limbs! You may be picking up some new PITA customers when I refuse to do the cleanups for free! lol. I ran into this problem about 6 weeks ago after a storm.

Danny

'Bout the same here, lots of water, haven't worked in 2 days, wont be able to till at least Friday. :cry: I am so behind, and its not like i have a huge business.

So i just go do errands drive around look at all the clean up i still have to do (when it stops raining) And get on here. :sleeping: