PDA

View Full Version : Toro WB question

Runner
09-03-2004, 11:42 PM
I'm hoping someone can help me out, here. One of my customers has a 48" Toro Proline belt drive walk behind. It's a few years old, has a Kawi motor on it, and has the T bar type steering. I am putting his mulching kit back on for him, and I'm trying to find some wavy type blades for mulching for it. I went to Lesco, got some blades that are 16 1/4", which I figured those had to be the ones for this deck (including overlap). Well, they are too long. The blades I pulled off (regular medium-lifts) are 16" exactly, it appears, from tip to tip. Does anyone know where I can get the type of bi or tri-level mulching blades for this mower? I've looked in the Rotary catalog, the Stens catalog, the Oregon catalog, and the J.Thomas catalog. They all list the 44's, but no 48. The J.Thomas catalog DOES list one set for the 48, but it consists of two 23" and one 10 1/2" blades for the set.
The local Toro dealer has the Atomics, and that may be the route I have to take. I would love to find either the wavy type blades or a gator type blade aftermarket for this mower. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

grass_cuttin_fool
09-03-2004, 11:53 PM
http://www.mowmore.com/search_results.asp?PAGE=26&txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=19&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&iLevel=1 try this . Theese are the recylcer blades Mow More Catalog #: TO10 I looked and they dont offer the grass hog blades (gator copy)

beransfixitinc
09-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Hmm.. there's an Oregon gator blade, part number 90-944 that takes three blades, for a 48" cut side discharge. They are 16 1/16 inches long. Replaces OEM part numbers 106078 and 106637.

Do you have an owners manual, or model number of the mower? Or something with the original blade part numbers?

jkkalbers
09-04-2004, 12:38 AM
Are you sure it is a 48" and not a 44" I didn't think toro made a 48"?