PDA

View Full Version : This Mower Rocks!!

LASTEC
09-04-2004, 12:06 AM
This is a photo of a Lastec articulator 3372 it's a test unit...
THIS MOWER ROCKS!!!

A.J.'s Lawn Service
09-04-2004, 12:10 AM
that looks so nice and i bet it cuts even better than it looks. your the first person that i know of that has demoed one of those units.
whats the price on those

LASTEC
09-04-2004, 12:14 AM
I'm a test tech. for this mower, not for sure the price i think around 15 to 16 grand,

barnard
09-04-2004, 12:16 AM
Talk to me Goose. Looks like the center deck/blade is stationary and the outboard two follow the countour of the ground by being attached in some fashion to the outside wheels which follow the ground? Excellent Idea. No more side scalping from the 60 inchers.

LASTEC
09-04-2004, 12:24 AM
it's 72" deck cut like a 25" no side dipping at all

barnard
09-04-2004, 12:29 AM
How does it handle on side slopes.

EagleLandscape
09-04-2004, 01:17 AM
Just curious, why would someone chose that over just adding a Flex-Deck type of thing?

vipermanz
09-04-2004, 01:20 AM
looks incredibly solid

LASTEC
09-04-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by barnard
How does it handle on side slopes.

Side hills is one of it's many strong points, with it's 3 wheel design sidehill stabilty is much better then standard ztr's

barnard
09-04-2004, 10:26 PM
jwingfield go to lastecs web site and view the deck movement granted its a simulation but youll get the idea.

Andyinchville2
09-04-2004, 10:30 PM
Why would a 3 wheel design hold hills better than a 4 wheel design.....I mean 3 wheelers were notoriously dangeroud and hence no longer made....4 wheels seem to rule but again I am curious why you say the 3 wheels are so good.....(note same idea with farm tractors....narrow front ends less stable than regular front ends.....You may want to reconsider before mass production starts unless you know something I dont....

LASTEC
09-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by jwingfield2k
Just curious, why would someone chose that over just adding a Flex-Deck type of thing?

This deck is not an add-on, so you don't have to make mods that may efect the warranty, it is fully articulating both sides and the middle deck.

LASTEC
09-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Andyinchville2
Why would a 3 wheel design hold hills better than a 4 wheel design.....I mean 3 wheelers were notoriously dangeroud and hence no longer made....4 wheels seem to rule but again I am curious why you say the 3 wheels are so good.....(note same idea with farm tractors....narrow front ends less stable than regular front ends.....You may want to reconsider before mass production starts unless you know something I dont....

the way the weight is distributed is what really helps with the hillside stabilty, the three wheel really makes it easy to turn on hills.

qualitylandscaping
09-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Looks like an oversized, overweight, and overpriced piece of crap..

I can get two 72" Lesco Z-twos and still be under the price of one of yours..

J.Gordon
09-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Andyinchville2

I believe he was talking about three wheels on the front of the machine as apposed to two. It looks like his machine has 5 wheels on it instead of four.

LASTEC
09-04-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by qualitylandscaping

We didn't need all that..... but some how i really do believe you do ride a lesco.

Envy Lawn Service
09-05-2004, 02:43 AM
Can't believe no one has meantioned the reversed deck orientation yet...

What's it powered by?

Awesome looking mower! Exciting to see! Should make a nice golf course rough mower, or the like.... Priced too high for lawn maintenace or LCO type wide area mowing....

vipermanz
09-05-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Envy Lawn Service
Can't believe no one has meantioned the reversed deck orientation yet...

what was that other mower with left side discharge?? bladehopper or something like that

Envy Lawn Service
09-05-2004, 03:00 AM
Blade runner... But this is a different setup... it's actually reversed in orientation whereas the blade runner was not.

Kelly's Landscaping
09-05-2004, 03:46 AM
Your site could use some spec sheets like top speed, motor brand names, steel gage on decks, and so forth. Over all dimensions I would like to scan through those numbers and see what I think but overall I think you might be on to something there looks good.

On the bigger deck models do they fold up so you can load on a standard trailer? This is the sort of info that I would require before seriously looking into buying one. As for the comment previous I have used a lesco mower in the past before I was on my own. While they are not bad mowers and you cannot kill one they do not compare to the better brands out there and our young 17 year old friend has a lot to learn still price is not everything.

qualitylandscaping
09-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Kelly's Landscaping
I have used a lesco mower in the past before I was on my own. While they are not bad mowers and you cannot kill one they do not compare to the better brands out there and our young 17 year old friend has a lot to learn still price is not everything.

Not trying to start a pi$$ing match.. Just wondering why you say Lesco mowers do not compare with the "better" brands.

I bought Lesco mowers because of the dealer support and the fact that if my mowers go down, I will get a loaner, although I have never had one go down.

I understand there is alot more than price involved in a decision, and I looked at the options. Deere doesn't even have BLADES in stock for my 717.. Lesco has every belt, blade, and cotter pin for the entire mower IN STOCK..

"We didn't need all that..... but some how i really do believe you do ride a lesco." QUOTE LASTEC

With comments like that, I'm suprised they are still in business

CJ GreenScapes
09-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Qualitylandscaping, I think the point is that your comment was not called for... Don't worry, you will learn as you mature.

mdb landscaping
09-05-2004, 11:39 AM
quality, give the guy a break man. he sponsored the site and is trying to get his product out there. im not saying you have to love every product people try to sell, but look for the good points and how it would benefit, or if you see something that may not work, let them know why you think it may not work. just saying its a piece of crap is a total insult to the hours and hours of time put into designing the machine. im sure that thing would work wonders on a golf course or places where there are many up and down hills. lay off the guy

qualitylandscaping
09-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Ok I'll admit I was over the line with the "piece of crap" part.. But that mower is huge probably 2,500+ lbs, but with no specs on the website its hard to tell..

Just in my right to have an opinion, it looks way to big for an LCO and way to expensive. For a golf course or large fields it would be sweet, could probably even use one for the campground I'm doing, but it's just "too big" for most of us...

DLCS
09-05-2004, 01:31 PM
I think Lastec makes some very interesting mowers, can't wait to demo them at the Expo. :blob3: Overpriced? Hey guys I don't think this is your standard ztr, so I wouldn't compare apples to oranges here with price.

Quality,

Dude you have alot to learn with proper etiquette. The comment you made "crap" just goes to show your age.

Fescue Farmer
09-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Will these mowers be at the Expo in Louisville to demo? Sure would like to check it out. I know most of us have learned to "fandango" our nonarticulating decks around the lawns we mo, but it sure would be nice to have a deck that contours to the terrain.

How does the mower stripe :D ? It seems like the outer front caster wheels are outboard of the cutting area.

LASTEC
09-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Your site could use some spec sheets like top speed, motor brand names, steel gage on decks, and so forth. Over all dimensions I would like to scan through those numbers and see what I think but overall I think you might be on to something there looks good.

On the bigger deck models do they fold up so you can load on a standard trailer? This is the sort of info that I would require before seriously looking into buying one. As for the comment previous I have used a lesco mower in the past before I was on my own. While they are not bad mowers and you cannot kill one they do not compare to the better brands out there and our young 17 year old friend has a lot to learn still price is not everything.

We will soon add more specs. to the website. yes the deck on the larger mowers do fold-up so you can trailer.

LASTEC
09-06-2004, 04:04 PM
I'm NOT dogging Lesco equipment i have bought many pieces of equipment from them. I over reacted just a little to someone calling my mower a piece of crap...Sorry... But don't knock it til you try it. Yea our mowers will be at the Expo for anyone to try.

pcnservices
09-06-2004, 05:46 PM
i think around 15 to 16 grand,
Have to agree with Steve (qualitylandscaping) - oversized, overweight, overprized and it looks like overengineered too. There are definitly mowers available that are better value for money.

smithf36
09-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Anyone have the dates on this year's Expo - and a number to register, I have seemed to lost the paperwork on it.

Joe

Remsen1
09-06-2004, 10:46 PM

Overpriced? Maybe.
Piece of crap? Not hardly. Why the hate?

Fareway Lawncare
09-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Seems running Lesco Z's makes you bitter & unfulfilled.

Congrats to Lastec for Creating Something Different & Screw the Price Issue... If it Works Well...The Real Pros Will Pay...

Now how about an Articulating Hydro Walk....

BladesAway
09-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Side hills is one of it's many strong points, with it's 3 wheel design side hill stability is much better then standard ztr's

What? Three wheels more stable on a slope than four wheels? That doesn't make sense to me for some reason. The mower runs on the two back wheels and the one front then you have the two on the side decks. What exactly makes it more stable? Oh and what happens if you get in soft ground is that front wheel going to sink till the deck catches it? Just asking, I'm pretty curious about the design.

LASTEC
09-06-2004, 11:31 PM
This mower is about cut quailty, who would think you could cut as low as an inch and a half with a 72" deck and not scalp and dip at the edges.
72" that cut like a 25" push mower :blob3:

Envy Lawn Service
09-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Will you be at the GIE in Charlotte NC?

ScCo
09-07-2004, 12:26 AM
I couldn't give a rat's behind about the price. I'd definitely look at that machine if one contract in particular comes through for us this next season. that machine would be absolutely awesome.

It's amazing how quick some of you all will try to bash on something just because it's different than what you already have.

Kelly's Landscaping
09-07-2004, 01:19 AM
I saw the 96 inch one you have on your site whats that thing cost and how fast can she cut at?

LASTEC
09-07-2004, 10:03 AM
What? Three wheels more stable on a slope than four wheels? That doesn't make sense to me for some reason. The mower runs on the two back wheels and the one front then you have the two on the side decks. What exactly makes it more stable? Oh and what happens if you get in soft ground is that front wheel going to sink till the deck catches it? Just asking, I'm pretty curious about the design.

I guess stable was the wrong word, it's more maneuverable. you know how on a standard zt if you are on a sidehill and you let the front turn down the hill you tend to loose it? with this mowers single front wheel and articulating deck allows you make turns in places where you would really struggle with a standrad two front tire type ztr.

LASTEC
09-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Here is a photo of the 3372 on a sidehill, yea i know it's hard to tell how steep the hill is from this photo. with our 2861 which is a four wheel machine that is very much like the other ztr's on hillsides, i tend to slip off or have to aproach at just the rite angle to stay on it. with the 72" 3 wheel articulator i can do 360's on the hillside. i'm hoping to get some web space to put video clips on so you guys can see short video clips.

P.S The operator on the mower in the photo, this was his first time on the 72" articulator. when i asked him what he thought he was impressed be the ground speed, ride, hillside traction, and the fact that it didn't dip or leave ridges with that size deck.

Mark McC
09-07-2004, 07:28 PM
If the deck segments change alignment as one side goes over upsloped ground, what's to keep the mower from leaving a strip of unmowed grass in the "seam" (for want of a better word) between the articulating deck and the middle segment of the deck?

Conversely, if a side portion of the deck goes down for slope that rolls away from the side of the machine, why do the blades not smack together? The deck segments don't look as though they're offset front-and-back for overlap.

Envy Lawn Service
09-07-2004, 09:11 PM
OK... now you have my full attention...
But you are not answering my questions...

LASTEC
09-13-2004, 10:46 AM
If the deck segments change alignment as one side goes over upsloped ground, what's to keep the mower from leaving a strip of unmowed grass in the "seam" (for want of a better word) between the articulating deck and the middle segment of the deck?

Conversely, if a side portion of the deck goes down for slope that rolls away from the side of the machine, why do the blades not smack together? The deck segments don't look as though they're offset front-and-back for overlap.

It's the overlap that prevents uncut grass between blades, and yes it is an Articulator so we do use more overlap and reversed V deck.

COME TO THE SHOW IN KY NEXT WEEK AND TRY THIS MOWER!!!!

LASTEC
09-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Will you be at the GIE in Charlotte NC?

Yes we will be there.

LASTEC
09-13-2004, 04:27 PM
Guy's come out to the Expo at Louisville, KY and see and ride this mower!!
www.expo.mow.org/ (http://expo.mow.org/)

come by our booth it is #4037

thanks cya,