PDA

View Full Version : enclosed trailer question

theweedman
09-03-2004, 11:08 PM
i'm using a 4 cyl s-10. thinking of getting a 5x8 enclosed trailer, to pull a 48'" walk behind that would way approx 650 lbs, my 21' push mower, 1 blower and a few trimmers. would i be able to fit all this on there? from the specs i've looked up, looks like i could do it but it'd be TIGHT. i think i'd be just under pulling 2000lbs if i go this route. i'm really set on getting an enclosed trailer to save money on renting a storage unit., plus i need an enclosed trailer to haul music equipment to gigs throughout the year. so i figure i can kill 3 birds with one stone by getting an enclosed trailer. big problem is my small truck...

Lbilawncare
09-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Yes it would fit, yes it would be hard on your truck. I personally would do it in a heartbeat, we run enclosed and they are great. Make sure you get one with a ramp instead of double doors.

Dwan
09-03-2004, 11:17 PM
git as big of trailer as you can. because you will fill it and still want more room

theweedman
09-04-2004, 10:15 PM
would a 36" or 48" exmark metro hp fit in the back of an s-10? i'm gonna get my mower first, then try to go without a trailer till i save up the money.

Eric 1
09-04-2004, 10:43 PM
Heard of a tape measure?

I think a 36'' would but i doubt a 48 would.

theweedman
09-04-2004, 11:21 PM
tape what? nope, haven't cut enough 10 dollar yards to pay for one yet. anyways.. i measured the bed. its 52 inches side to side, 40 inches between the 2 wheel wells. i just don't know the exact width of these mowers, didn't see specs on the exmark site. i guess my question should be would a 36" fit? sorry.

Originally posted by Eric 1
Heard of a tape measure?

I think a 36'' would but i doubt a 48 would.

Eric 1
09-05-2004, 09:02 PM
A 36'' is about 38'' out side to out side, it would fit, i think if you backed a 48'' in a left the tail gate down you may be able to do it.

We cut for money
09-08-2004, 01:12 PM
You'll fit the 36 inch mower in the bed , but not a 48". I started off with the same truck years ago and a 5x8 open trailer. with the 48 inch mower and extra equipment and the grass barrels in the bed of the pick up, the leaf springs on the truck were compressed to thepoint where the tire was disappearing into the wheel well. I had a v6 which gave me trouble getting up hills but ample acceleration on flat roads.. If you have a 4 cylinder, it won't supply you with enough torque and hp. Check the drivers side door, it will tell you the toungue load/payload/capacities etc...and ck the owners manual. You could get away with the 5x8 enclosed but you limit your self to what you can carry in the truck bed and torque /horsepower when going against gravity. Plus , look into an automatic transmission cooler, heavy duty radiator etc.. :dizzy: . Good luck