PDA

View Full Version : bagging leaves

boxman
09-04-2004, 11:52 AM
I'm thinking about getting an Exmark bagging system for a 52inch lazer z and was wondering if anyone who uses one could tell me how well they work for leaves. thanks

MMLawn
09-04-2004, 01:41 PM
It works fine for us

locutus
09-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Dont waste your time. Get an Accelerator xl aluminum bagger. Strong, light, easy to dump, no brackets or extra drilling neccessary. My XL is plenty large enough for my leaf jobs, however Accelerator now offers a leaf extender for their catchers that greatly increases the capacity of the catcher.

khutch
09-04-2004, 06:53 PM
I am a big fan of the Accelerator! Strong, very well built. Just got the XL extender for leaf season! Should save you some $$$ too...

Runner
09-06-2004, 10:46 AM
When you're talking about baging leaves with a Lazer, there's really ne sense in evevn considering a sidebagger. It will fill up every 20 ft, and you have to shut everything down get off the machine and empty it. Just go with the Ultravac. The sidebaggers, including the Accelerator, are ok for wb applications, but for serious leaves, and with a rider, it's just not a practicle application. I use my sidebagger occasionally on my Lazer to bag clippings in some certain cases (if it gets sticky and doesn't disperse well, or if the people are having a party or something - this helps avoid the tracking in of clippings) and it works ok for that, but you're not going to do whole yards of leaves - even with the capacity of the Accelerator, and do them practically.

Kelly's Landscaping
09-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Could not agree any more with runner the side baggers are not in the same league as a bagging system. I have tried the old style plastic side baggers the cloth side baggers snapper, lesco, exmark, and I own an Accelerator. None of which can even compete with the ultra vac, trac vac, or other similar systems like blue bird. Iv used them all and nothing is more annoying then stopping every half a pass. Something I don't understand is do you intend to bag the leaves as the clean up or as they fall leading up to fall. Bagging leaves is fine when there are very few of them but when you show up and the oaks have just dropped all there leaves your wasting your time blowing off the lawn will almost always be faster.

Now if price is the deciding factor then side baggers win every time 250-350 dollars is a lot cheaper then 2000.

odin
09-06-2004, 05:41 PM
I agee with runner ,i use the ultra vac on my lazer hp only for leaves .

Ive found it be an excellent vac system the blower packs the leaves in tight .

Does well on wet leaves to .

John Gamba
09-06-2004, 06:29 PM
The accelerator's XL is five bushels. The extension is four bushels. Thats a total of NINE BUSHELS.

The ultravac for the hp is EIGHT BUSHELS. It cost about 1,500 dollars. The accelerator's XL and extension is about 750 Dollars. The accelerator bagger comes off in three seconds Totally. The ultravac takes a minute or two.

You decide
John

Fareway Lawncare
09-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Don't Forget about Reduction, Suction & Dumping J.G. !

Not to Mention Nothing Hanging Off the Side....

locutus
09-06-2004, 07:35 PM
The accelerator's XL is five bushels. The extension is four bushels. Thats a total of NINE BUSHELS.

The ultravac for the hp is EIGHT BUSHELS. It cost about 1,500 dollars. The accelerator's XL and extension is about 750 Dollars. The accelerator bagger comes off in three seconds Totally. The ultravac takes a minute or two.

You decide
JohnThank you John, for responding to what the thread was about, side baggers. If he had said anything else, I would not have responded. Again, if you are looking for the absolute best side bagger for your mower, it is the Accelerator xl with the leaf extender. If your budget permits, perhaps one of the others mentioned here will do. Correct me if I am wrong John, but dont you run the big Exmark ztrs with the Accelerator catcher?

KenH
09-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Do you guys find that the weight of the side bagger ruins the cut of the mower??? I used a bagger many moons ago and hated the way a near full side bagger cut. I cant imagine one 9 bushels full!!!

Blessed 1
09-06-2004, 09:07 PM
I own a Accelerator and a Ultra vac and there is no compareson between the two, The Ultra Vac runs circles around the Accelerator and a heck of alot cleaner to use. The Accelerator is good for small jobs where you need to pick up a small area.

Eric 1
09-06-2004, 09:18 PM
Don't Forget about Reduction, Suction & Dumping J.G. !

Not to Mention Nothing Hanging Off the Side....

Accept a big hose.

Not to mention the noise/fumes/gas consumption/heat of another engine running behind you.

But they both have there applications. just to bag a small lawn, the side catcher is good, on and off in seconds, but for big leaf jobs, you need a big powered bagger.

John Gamba
09-07-2004, 06:25 AM
Not to Mention Nothing Hanging Off the Side.... Wheres the blower ????????????????? the 90 pound blower??????????????? So you dont dump the side bagger in the truck?????????????????????????? :realmad:

John Gamba
09-07-2004, 06:28 AM
Thank you John, for responding to what the thread was about, side baggers. If he had said anything else, I would not have responded. Again, if you are looking for the absolute best side bagger for your mower, it is the Accelerator xl with the leaf extender. If your budget permits, perhaps one of the others mentioned here will do. Correct me if I am wrong John, but dont you run the big Exmark ztrs with the Accelerator catcher?

I have BUT the BIGGER ultravac is better at LEAVES because its 13.5 Bushels not 9.
John

John Gamba
09-07-2004, 06:29 AM
Do you guys find that the weight of the side bagger ruins the cut of the mower??? I used a bagger many moons ago and hated the way a near full side bagger cut. I cant imagine one 9 bushels full!!!

I think we are talking leaves??