PDA

View Full Version : Fall clean-up flyers and rates

stevesmowing
09-05-2004, 10:03 PM
This is my first year I will be doing fall clean-ups I just got 500 flyers printed out. I was curious what the best time is to hand them out. Also I was thinking on charging by the hour. I have an eb630 back pack that I will be using to put them out to the curb and then the town goes around and picks up the leaves. I am also trying to get another man on board to operate another blower or move tarps or w/e else. What would be a low rate per hour, high rate, and average rate. Mowing I take in about $30-$40 an hour. Just as a reference.

NNJLandman
09-05-2004, 10:23 PM
My leaf cleanups last year, started getting calls in september right through to winter jus bout, all my cleanups started around $225 and went up from there. Blow then mow.

HOOLIE
09-06-2004, 12:07 AM
I'd pass the flyers out whenever the leaves start to fall in your area- people probably won't be thinking about it until it happens. In my area this is usually the second half of October. I stick a separate letter in with the bills I send out at the end of September for regular customers letting them know I'm available to do leaf removal.