PDA

View Full Version : Liability insurance ?'s

Stuttering Stan
09-06-2004, 10:38 AM
I only have commercial contracts with HOA's and management companies. Last week a manager called me and said he needed a copy of my liability insurance and asked that it name the HOA and management as being covered along with my business. My question is will the HOA and management be getting a "free ride" on my coverage? Is this a common practice to cover all three parties with only the landsdcape company paying? Nothing is in my contract reguarrding this?
Thanks. :help:

rodfather
09-06-2004, 04:12 PM
This is common practice.

He is asking you to ask your agent for a Certificate of Insurance naming them being covered. This shouldn't cost you anything and should only take your agent 5 minutes to do the paperwork. He can then fax it or email it to your client as an attachment.

BTW, this has nothing to do with Workman's Compensation if you have it.

Stuttering Stan
09-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Thanks Rod for the info, any other opinions out there? Just trying to bump this thread back to the top!

Stuttering Stan
09-06-2004, 09:17 PM
:blob3: Thanks Rod for the info, any other opinions out there? Just trying to bump this thread back to the top!

Stuttering Stan
09-13-2004, 08:54 PM
I found out that putting the management and HOA on my coverage will cost me about m$200.00. Since I am a very small business, this does not seem very smart financially. Can I ask the management to help pay, or refuse to put them on my coverage if they don't help out.

jerryrwm
09-14-2004, 01:26 AM
The insurance industry is different in your area than it is here or someone isn't on the same page..

I carry liability insurance, and many HOA's and management co's require proof of insurance in the form of a certificate. I contact my agent and they fax over a copy of the certificate, like rodfather said.

Sounds like your agent might be confused in thinking that you are adding them to your policy.