PDA

View Full Version : Homeade bagger for hustler super z

matthew horner
09-08-2004, 12:44 AM
Can this be done reasonably cheap and effective. I'd use trash cans with air screens.

Do I have to use another motor to blow the clippings/into the bagger.

I'm not up to speed with the physics of these systems, but I've seen alot of baggers mounted to the back of z's utilizing a trash can. The leaves are getting on my nerves.
Matt

Metro Lawn
09-08-2004, 01:23 AM
The Trac-Vac style (trash can) baggers usually have a pony motor that forces the clippings up into the cans. My Super Zs have the Hustler Bac-Vac systems which have a deck driven blower that push the clippings.

matthew horner
09-08-2004, 10:21 AM
What is a pony motor? Anybody have any pics (besides frankenscag) of units they have made?

Matt

Metro Lawn
09-08-2004, 09:05 PM
the pony motor is a seperate moter that turns the impeller only, which in turn creates the "vacuum"

matthew horner
09-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Can I get one of these on ebay??? How would I search it. I played around a little last night but with no luck.

Also, how much does a unit like this run new? Whered you get yours? Thats a nice setup.
Matt

Metro Lawn
09-09-2004, 12:06 AM
I don't use this style. I use the kind made by Hustler like in the pic below. I think the trac Vac runs about 1500.00 but not sure.

matthew horner
09-09-2004, 12:19 AM
I'm trying to avoid the tracvac. It seems alot of complaints have been filed about moving parts (too many). I'd like to get an aftermarket with a trashcan holder so I can just put a bag in and take a bag out.

Metro Lawn
09-09-2004, 12:33 AM
The trash can style is the TracVac... The one made by Hustler is a BacVac see the pics from the TracVac websit www.trac-vac.com

coastallandscapesolutions
09-09-2004, 08:17 AM
We have a John Deere M655 with the 462Z Trac Vac system. It works great. The only complaint I have and it is a big one is that the hose going from the pony motor to the trash can has a sharp bend in it and we are always tearing it up. We have a lot of pine needles here and they eat that plastic alive. We start out the season with a new hose and then use a roll of duct tape on it at the bend. When we are done we have added a 1/2" of thickness to the hose. It will last from Oct. to December. Then it has to be replaced.

We've tried to use metal but it is not flexible enough. Anyone have any suggestions. They system works great outside of that.

matthew horner
09-09-2004, 07:13 PM
What is the cost of one of these systems, trac vac, for a super z, roughly?

benabarlow
09-24-2004, 11:09 PM
to much i think.