PDA

View Full Version : visa

HOLLYWOOD6973
09-08-2004, 08:35 AM
How many of you accept VISA/MASTER CARD and whats your though.
I was thinking if 75% of my customers would pay it would be worth it.
I know theres a 2% charge to use it and
Ive had a government contract tell me thats how they like to pay.

proenterprises
09-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Sound like a good idea, also, you should probably look into accepting american express. I am a cashier on weekends and notice that tons of people use american express when they pay....just a thought.

beransfixitinc
09-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Sound like a good idea, also, you should probably look into accepting american express. I am a cashier on weekends and notice that tons of people use american express when they pay....just a thought.

We accepted AMEX for almost 4 months before we got out of that racket. Four months, not one customer (and this is in a retail like setting) used or asked about using AMEX, yet they started charging us a monthly service fee on it. So, we dropped them. STILL havn't had people ask if we accept AMEX. Why does it seem they are the only credit card company that charge everybody a stinking fee, like their card is so great that people will pay to use it, and retailers will pay to accept it even if nobody uses one. Pishaw.. not us!

selnoil
09-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Check into the service charge for AE because its much higher then Visa, Mastercard, & Discover. We accept V,M,D with my oil company. Out of our over 1000 customers and 5 years I can count on one hand how many times we've been asked if we take AE. Also 2% sounds pretty low for manual punch in's (probably closer to 3%), 2% is about right if you can swipe the card. Also, the card company charges a transaction fee (about 20 cents) for each transaction. So my advise is to look into it thoroughly because I don't think most of us in the LC biz have that much of a margine to take any loss.

Best of Luck

Team Gopher
09-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Hi HOLLYWOOD6973,

Here is another post with more information for you.

Need Help - Credit Card Processing (http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=69598)

Mueller Landscape Inc
09-08-2004, 10:15 PM
CC work very well for me. All new business pays the same day service is done through their CC and keeps cash flow actually flowing. Money is dumped into my bank account 48 hours later. It should not be hard to figure the costs of CC into the jobcost.