PDA

View Full Version : 24 foot enclosed trailer

qualitylandscaping
09-08-2004, 07:45 AM
Hi guys,

I just picked up a new 24' Contential Cargo enclosed trailer. Any of you have problems manuevering yours? I already broke one of the lights on the side of the roof (hit one of the trees alittle trying to get it out of my tight driveway this morning.

I'm wondering if I should get a 20 footer or if there isn't much difference in how "huge" it feels.

I have it for a demo for the rest of this week.. And I'll have to see how it does getting around the accounts..

Metro Lawn
09-08-2004, 08:19 AM
We use 18s & 20s. They seem to be the best for getting around with.

65hoss
09-08-2004, 09:51 AM
Some people like enclosed and some like open better. I think its more of a personal preferance. I like the open to get to what I need very quickly. Not having to go inside to get stuff. I have a place to back the trailer under to keep it out of the weather when not being used so that isn't an issue for me.

An enclosed would be a nice pull around billboard for advertisement though. Positives and negatives for both.

proenterprises
09-08-2004, 09:53 AM
As soon as I have enought dough together, enclosed is going to be the way to go. Its much easier to keep things out of the weather, and you dont have to unload at night. Plus, its your biggest contribution to advertisement.

Eric 1
09-08-2004, 11:22 AM
The 5.4 and auto, that may be alittle under powerd if you have lots of hills.

kemmer
09-08-2004, 03:26 PM
lets see some new pics of it with ur F350!

qualitylandscaping
09-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Continental Cargo
8'6" x 24' (26 at front of V) V nose car hauler with side door and rear ramp.

Here are some pictures..
http://qualitylawncare.biz/Picture47485.jpg
http://qualitylawncare.biz/Picture47487.jpg
http://qualitylawncare.biz/Picture47488.jpg
http://qualitylawncare.biz/Picture47489.jpg
http://qualitylawncare.biz/Picture47493.jpg

DLCS
09-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Nice trailer, but pulling that around to all my accounts would be a major headache around here.

qualitylandscaping
09-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Yea its been a pita for me today.. BUT, the good out weighs the bad.. We are getting all of the rain from Frances right now.. Got soaked on my last account and loaded everything into a dry trailer.. It's sweet!

Alittle hard to back it up though. Not the turning part but more of a problem figuring out exactly where the back of it is and how its lining up with the driveway/road I want to back into..

Eric 1
09-08-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey, its nice, and if it works go for it.

Its just way to big for what i need.

BTW whats the payup payup payup payup For that thing?

qualitylandscaping
09-08-2004, 08:20 PM
It's $6700 for what you see..

I will be adding a generator or two deep cell batteries/ with charger and inverter to run my power equip (grinder, impact, compressor, laptop, printer, and elect. cooler)

Full front work area with a 4'x4' potty closet.. Going to have the workbench shaped like an L with one area to be used for tools and work, and the other to have a "mobile office" with laptop, printer, and all of the forms/paperwork I would need to sign up any new client on the go.

Getting a $1500 lettering job. Full front, sides, and back.. With "proud supporter of" and then a list of dealers I deal with below.

Trimmer racks, blower racks, hand tool racks, gas can racks, tie downs, flourescent lights on the ceiling, window above my desk, rhinolining on the floor, 3/4" plywood on the walls..

I'm going to have about $11,000-12,000 into in when finished before next spring..

Eric 1
09-08-2004, 08:58 PM
So your gonna get it,

Man, thats gonna be awsome!!!!! :cool2:

Now you are making me want one.(we need a drooling smilie)

Eric 1
09-08-2004, 09:01 PM
One thing to think about tho, It is going to get HOT in there, you may not want to put a computer in there unless you partition it of and put a small ac unit in there, would make a good office.

qualitylandscaping
09-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Looking at the option for a rooftop AC/heater unit.. I thinks its about $2700 and I may go for it.. But I have to find a place for a generator first lol. .This thing is gonna get filled quick.. Maybe I should get a 48 footer ;) :dizzy:

qualitylandscaping
09-08-2004, 09:23 PM
So your gonna get it,

Man, thats gonna be awsome!!!!! :cool2:

Now you are making me want one.(we need a drooling smilie)

As far as I know, I'm getting it.. Have a few more large accounts that this trailer will be setup for and I want to make sure it can swing the tight private drives..

Eric 1
09-08-2004, 09:38 PM
You may check some RV places for ac units, they may even have a used one............oh wait, who cares you can afford it! :drinkup:

48ft...............lol

Eric 1
09-08-2004, 09:41 PM
As far as I know, I'm getting it.. Have a few more large accounts that this trailer will be setup for and I want to make sure it can swing the tight private drives..

I am sure you thought of this, but,

Use the 24 for the commercial and easy to access resi. then send the help out with the f150 and 16ft for the rest?

qualitylandscaping
09-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Eric,

I would do that but I have a 16 acre residential on a private drive that takes too long with only two Z's on it..I can fit three Z's, a walkbehind, and a push mower in there and still have room for my "shop area"..

I'm pretty much buying this for the campground, since I'm getting tired of dragging two trailers out there.

WLLD
09-09-2004, 06:49 AM
You live in my neck of the woods - one thing you might want to consider is an all aluminum trailer. With the salt around here - your framework and steel components will start showing effects quickly - especially on white. I sold a 28' Haulmark and bought a 21' v-nose ATC. Smartest move I made - wish I had the ATC in the first place.

Shayne

Eric 1
09-09-2004, 10:29 AM
You live in my neck of the woods - one thing you might want to consider is an all aluminum trailer. With the salt around here - your framework and steel components will start showing effects quickly - especially on white. I sold a 28' Haulmark and bought a 21' v-nose ATC. Smartest move I made - wish I had the ATC in the first place.

Shayne

What is ATC?

Can you notice any difference with the v nose..i.e. wind drag,more usable floor space.

Was the extra cost of the V worth it? I am looking at them right now.

chevyman1
09-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Steve that trailer is beautiful, but why Lesco zero turns? they aren't the fastest in the world if you have such big acreage accounts. How's the campground bid going

qualitylandscaping
09-09-2004, 12:36 PM

Shayne

I don't know about you, but this trailer will be parked and tarped from the end of November to early April.. Will not be used during the winter, that's what I have open trailers for (snowmobiles)..

qualitylandscaping
09-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Steve that trailer is beautiful, but why Lesco zero turns? they aren't the fastest in the world if you have such big acreage accounts. How's the campground bid going

Lesco Z-Turns cause they have the best dealer support. I don't care if they're not the fastest. I can go as fast as my stomach and insides can handle already, don't need to go any faster.. Campground bid is going good. Just a few more things to think about and then I'll send it to the owner..

WLLD
09-10-2004, 06:53 AM
Eric
ATC is Aluminum Trailer Company. You do loose a little floor space with a v-nose. Visibility is much better that flat front unit in my opinion. Advantage to the V-nose is I can pull the WB or 52"Z out the front and leave the 60"Z in the trailer.

Quality,
I used to have open trailers for snowmobiles - once you go enclosed you won't want to go back - especially if you do the Tug Hill riding. Even though you are going to park the trailer for winter - the effects of our environment will take their toll in a few years. I started out with almost the same trailer you are demoing right now and parked if for two winters - still started to show weathering. Just making a suggestion on the aluminum unit - I give you credit for being where you are at your age.

Shayne