PDA

View Full Version : Carry-On Trailer Question

boxoffire
09-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Hi folks. Got a quick question about my little 5X8 Carry-on single tongue trailer I just purchased. I took it out first time with my JD tractor on it last weekend to cut brothers yard. Well I'm pulling it with Jeep Cherokee 93 V6 ans was wondering if I'm gonna kill my Jeep first off, and 2 I don't like carrying my gas can in the Jeep. Stinks too much even with windows down. I saw a trailer the other day that had a compartment on it at the front of it that was above all of the equipment on the trailer that you could open and close and put your small items/tools in along with your 5 gallon gas cans. Does anyone know if these small Carry-On trailers will accomadate one of these type storage units and how they must be fitted onto my open trailer. And I do mean open, this trailer has very low railings on the sides. Also would still want to drive my tractor all the way to the front of it so I can still fit my push mower sideways on the back side of my tractor.

Thanks for any information you may have and have a great weekend.

Adam

boxoffire
09-09-2004, 11:12 PM
Nevermind about the storage container, think I found what's called a "Landscape Box" at place I bought my trailer (TSC) near my house. Found it on their website. Now have to find out if it will fit on my smallish size trailer. Still a bit worried about my V6 Jeep though.

LLandscaping
09-09-2004, 11:29 PM
You should be okay pulling the mower with the jeep, how much does the mower weight and do you have a receiver hitch? I would recommend the receiver hitch, because it mounts to the frame of the vehicle, Uhal sells them. I had a chevy 1500 4.3 liter V6 that I pulled a 5x10 trailer with a 1000 pound Scag ZTR and two push mower on it. It was slow going up hills, but got the job done. I just sold it with 203,000 miles. It is best to drive in over drive when towing. The gas cans could be stored on the trailer tongue in some type of wooden box.