PDA

View Full Version : Do you accept credit cards?

coastallandscapesolutions
09-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Just wondering. How many of you accept credit cards? If so, what do they charge you and do you use a mobile terminal to run the cards? How about online payments for monthly bills?

Thanks,

Brian

Andyinchville2
09-10-2004, 01:16 AM
I've thought about it mainly to do auctmatic billings at the end of the month to speed up getting paid....I suppose I could also get an authorization to draft a checking account and that won't cost anything....$25 min per month is the lowest monthly fee I have found (of course there is also the per transaction fee and the percentage too).

Andrew

Premo Services
09-10-2004, 08:16 AM
I've thought about it mainly to do auctmatic billings at the end of the month to speed up getting paid....I suppose I could also get an authorization to draft a checking account and that won't cost anything....$25 min per month is the lowest monthly fee I have found (of course there is also the per transaction fee and the percentage too).

Andrew

I am seriously considering it.
Grtting money quicker, especially new customers, or the one time jobs. I think it might make some add ons, and get other homeowners that mow their own lawns to have me do the extra add on work that makes the good money, ie: core aeration, mulching, planting, etc.
The charges for using this service are some of the drawbacks though.

olderthandirt
09-10-2004, 10:40 AM
I use them, $5.00 a month + 2.25% per transaction
signed up with the LAWN & GARDEN ASSOCIATION
1-800-752-5296
Great people to work with and very helpful
Taking cards has added about 15k in revenue this yr so far, This is only for extras and a few that wanted to use the card for airline miles. I have it posted on all contracts that there will be an additional 2% added to use this service. Let the customer pay for the privlage of using the cards. I don't have a remote terminal thats where you start to get invovled with more money, just use a "knuckel buster slide " and call it in on the cell or if I don't feel like it I wait till I get home and have the wife process them. Hope this helps.

Mac

Team Gopher
09-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Hi CoastalGreenscapes,

Here is another post with more information for you.

Accepting Credit Cards (http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=63813)

thill
09-12-2004, 10:47 PM
I have accepted CCs for a couple of years now. I pay no monthly fee but pay 2.5% for "matched" and 3/5% for "unmatched".

All transactions are done via a merchant account, online, at the office.

We have a few contract clients that pay monthly this way. Most of our CC charges are for one time services like clean ups. That allows us to book the job on line or over the phone, schedule it and do it with out having to have the client show up during working hours to pay.

stizostedion_vitreum
09-22-2004, 04:43 PM
I have accepted CCs for a couple of years now. I pay no monthly fee but pay 2.5% for "matched" and 3/5% for "unmatched".

Do you have a merchant "knuckle buster?" If so, there is a merchant cost for them.....if not, then how?

In the other post that was listed above, someone mentioned using "PayPal" which is only available to others that have an account with Paypal so it can be billed online.

I guess I've missed what the answer is here;

I just started marketing our new LCO and the very first contract we were awarded required us to accept credit cards and it's a big one, so I told them we do. I need to figure this out somewhat timely.

Thanks all,
tj

09-22-2004, 04:53 PM
We have signed up for Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Amex. We looked around and finely settled on going through QuickBooks (Intuit). We got a 1.95% rate, no monthly fee and $0.25 per transaction. We also use PayPal and that works OK. But for the larger jobs it is nice to have the ability to bill right from QuickBooks.

Groundcover Solutions
09-22-2004, 06:34 PM
Take a look at this, looks interesting.

http://www.nextel.com/about/enterprise/wbs/images/creditel_bundle.jpg
info:
http://www.nextel.com/about/enterprise/wbs/creditel.shtml

HOOLIE
09-23-2004, 12:56 AM
Do you have a merchant "knuckle buster?" If so, there is a merchant cost for them.....if not, then how?

In the other post that was listed above, someone mentioned using "PayPal" which is only available to others that have an account with Paypal so it can be billed online.

I guess I've missed what the answer is here;

I just started marketing our new LCO and the very first contract we were awarded required us to accept credit cards and it's a big one, so I told them we do. I need to figure this out somewhat timely.

Thanks all,
tj

Costco offers credit card processing, or ask at your bank, a lot of them do processing as well (at least mine does) Didn't take me long to get set up. I don't have a terminal, just a merchant ID, and phone in all the charges.

Frontier-Lawn
10-14-2004, 11:46 PM
im going to tell my customers they can pay by pay-pal if they want(i sell on ebay)

RICHIE K
10-15-2004, 07:51 AM
HOW ABOUT PAY-PAL ???

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

Frontier-Lawn
10-16-2004, 07:52 PM
what im going to do is have on the contract a box to check if they want there bill emailed to them with a pay by pal-pal link

eruuska
10-16-2004, 07:59 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention www.ProPay.com. It's an online credit card processing service. There are no monthly fees, no equipment to buy. I think there might be a signup fee (it's been so long that I've forgotten), but it's not too steep, certainly less than the equipment fees and terminals that other processors have you buy/lease. Their processing fees are on the high side of normal.

To use it once you've signed up, just go to their website and manually enter the cc #'s. It's probably a little quicker than swiping a card, but faster than filling out deposit slips for your checking account.

When I signed up, they were promoting their services as something you could use if you were having a garage sale. Pretty slick.

Eric

10-17-2004, 10:54 AM
We were using PayPal and found that not all of our customers were comfortable with signing up. We switched to unsing Quickbooks merchant services with Quickbooks billing via email and we have had very good luck since the sdwitch 3 months ago. We now send invoices right from Quickbooks and they pay them right away rather then wait until the end of the month. Our mid month cash flow has greatly increased and we find that we are not waiting for our money as long. The great thing is that we are spending less time in front of the computer now becuase we don't have to send invoices from PayPal so we are out working in the field making more $$$. It has saved us about 9 hours per month. Our hourly rate is $45 per hour so that works out to $405 is savings in time management.

impactlandscaping
10-18-2004, 10:07 AM
www.lgda.com
they are in the business for the green industry

Matt-that Nextel setup is sweet! Too bad their service is so expensive here. I have three lines for what one would cost there, plus I have better packages. That will probably become standard in the next 4-5 years....too cool.. :)