PDA

View Full Version : Lawn care yearly contracts

venecular
09-10-2004, 03:46 PM
For those of you that have yearly residental contracts, how do you set this up.

For example: what services do you put in the contracts.

And, if you could provide an example contract, I would really help.

Thanks in advanced

ProStreetCamaro
09-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Just out of curiosity why do you want to bind customers into contracts? We dont use contracts and that is a huge selling point. We tell them if they are not happy with the service then there is nothing making them stay with us. Just because you have a contract doesnt mean anything really. Doesnt mean they will pay you right away every month, doesnt mean they wont just brake the contract and drop you, doesnt even mean that if they drop you you will win in court. If they go to court and tell the judge your services werent up to there standards you loose.

specialtylc
09-10-2004, 09:23 PM
For those of you that have yearly residental contracts, how do you set this up.

For example: what services do you put in the contracts.

And, if you could provide an example contract, I would really help.

Thanks in advanced
We use yearly contracts on commercial accts only. As to what services to include, thats entirely dependant on what the client wants. Nothing more.

jbell113
09-10-2004, 09:43 PM
I use contracts and have had luck with them, not everyone wants to sign one but i like knowing i have some $$$ coming in in the winter.

Team Gopher
09-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Hi venecular,

Here are a bunch of contracts you can download (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=877).

venecular
09-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Just out of curiosity why do you want to bind customers into contracts? We dont use contracts and that is a huge selling point. We tell them if they are not happy with the service then there is nothing making them stay with us. Just because you have a contract doesnt mean anything really. Doesnt mean they will pay you right away every month, doesnt mean they wont just brake the contract and drop you, doesnt even mean that if they drop you you will win in court. If they go to court and tell the judge your services werent up to there standards you loose.

The reason would be ProStreetCamaro is not to get the customer into just a contract but to have jobs year round and to make the monthly cost to them less. Many of my customers like this and it is not something that I pressure, just offer. Either party can cancel the contract at anytime as long as the contract is followed as stated. I don't see how you can use no contracts as a selling point. It is a benefit to many of my customers. It depends on how the contract is written up. It is not to bind someone to a deal but to make it as convenient as possible.

ChicagoLawn
09-12-2004, 12:47 PM
All customers are "contracted". All lawn and especially snow customers have approved a written agreement. The written agreement is simply a tool to avoid mis-communications, mis-understandings and to provide ONLY services contracted for. We avoid giving away the house!!!!!!

Your book of business will be more valuable if it is contracted! You never know when you may want to sell the business or better yet plan your way out.

ChicagoLawn

jajwrigh
09-12-2004, 05:41 PM
With residential customers I use the phrase "service agreement" because it sounds less binding. Basically they agree, with a signature, to pay when you provide a service to them. I would include only the items that you do each visit in the contract and let them know that additional services will be dealt with if and when they occur. Make sure to add a clause about late fees and go over it with your customers as well. The whole point is to make sure that you get paid.

Mdirrigation
09-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Contracts are the only way to go , can the customer break the contract/ Sure if its poorly written. Try and break your cell phone contract . Contracts are an asset to the business . Contracts protect you the businessman . A handshake just doesnt cut it anymore