PDA

View Full Version : Snapper Turfcruiser

Wes
05-26-2000, 04:15 PM
Thinking of biting the bullet and buying a ZTR. My local dealer is trying to sell me a Snapper Turfcruiser and I want your opinions on it. It has a 61" deck with a 25 horse Kohler. About what would this run in your area? He's wants $7,400.00. Thanks for your reply.

Guido
05-26-2000, 04:35 PM
My Opinion......to be very frank I think its junk. I tried one, its not built for &quot;real&quot; commercial use. I would understand if you were doing it for the price, but for what your dealer is raping you on it, check out a Exmark Lazer Z, the prices are pretty close, the ex-marks going to be a little more, but its 100% better of a machine. I know everyone has their favorite z's but I hope you compare the quality to other units in the price range.<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

gorrell
05-26-2000, 05:01 PM
I demoed a turf cruiser at Expo 99 last year at Louisville. It's a very decent machine if you can master the joystick control. Personally, I found it a &quot;*****&quot; to master, but some might not feel the same way, otherwise it's a very well built machine. It's manufactured to be a lot like a grasshopper. I think Snapper has done their homework on this machine, because the 74&quot; deck on the machine I demoed was as good a deck as I'd seen on a machine in some time. Try one from a reputable dealer and make your own decision. They are definitely not junk. Thanks, Lynn

lakegastonla
05-27-2000, 01:58 PM
That's the problem, here.... You can't ask a question here and get a straight answer without someone &quot;pitching&quot; the brand they use, and it is &quot;ALWAYS&quot; thebest. That snapper mower is VERY nice it is built like a tank. There are versions of the same mower with the joystick or the the regular twin &quot;sticks&quot; for steering. Pick your flavor, at least they DO give you a choice.<br> And in case you are wondering, no I do not own the snapper turf cruiser, but have demoed them. It's solid.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: lakegastonla

Lawnworks
05-27-2000, 05:39 PM
I think twin stick is the way to go. Snapper has one commercial model with two steering levers, and it is the only I would buy. People around here have access to Snapper easier than any other mower, yet most cutters use exmark.

Starling Lawn
05-27-2000, 09:06 PM
i owned one,don`t waste your money.<br>dave

Mark
05-28-2000, 12:23 AM
I haven't tried the cruiser, but i have scag 52s walkbehinds and also snapper 52s I think snapper makes one of the best walkbehinds,the tracking system is awesome,and the loop steering is top notch,and easy on the hands,plus you can cut much closer to sticker=bushes ect, But don't let anyone tell you snapper commercial equipment is junk.<p>----------<br>Mark's Mowing Service<br>

1stclasslawns
05-28-2000, 08:36 AM
I demoed one befor I bought, not the mower it should be for the money. and as for the &quot;pitch&quot; I belive that might be what people are asking for. Openions. <br>It might not be the best out there. there might be better ones. but I went with a Great Dane chariot 61&quot;25hp, I relly like it. See if you can find one befor you put money down on a snapper. BTW 6900.00 snapper was 7400.00. Jim

lawngator
05-30-2000, 08:35 AM
I bought the 52&quot; 25 HP snapper Z. It was not my mower of choice, but dealer location was the factor. My dealer had the 61&quot; for $6600. It's a descent machine for me, because I'm part-time. I'm not sure if I'd like it if I used it all day everyday. It cuts very fast, but tends to scalp a little. I will say that Snapper has made some improvements on their commercial line. For the money, I won't complain, but I wouldn't spend anymore than that on one. Good luck, Bill

Wes
05-30-2000, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the advise.<br>

Flex-Deck
05-31-2000, 12:12 AM
I am from SE Iowa and every one runs John Deere equip if they are commercial. I don't see too many forums asking if they should buy JD equip. and we don't have a lot of other options. Could anyone tell me why Snapper, EZ Mark etc is discussed so much and JD is not?

CoopersLandscaping
07-31-2008, 08:13 AM
Well , I love my uncles TurfCruiser diesel, but I would never put it in service in my Company. Don't get me wrong , it is a great mower. THere are a couple disadvantages.
A- It sticks out pretty far in the back
B- I am a diesel fan , but with the cost of fuels now days , it would be hard filling it up 6 to 8 times a day.

But just like the disses it has its ups.
A- Single Joy Stick
B- Long Lasting Kubota Diesel engine
C- VERRRRRRRRYYYYY FAST
D- All around a great mmower , especially in wide opened spaces.
But when it comes down to the mowers I want , it is a match between The EXMARK Turf Tracer /HP or the Husqvarna commercial walkbehinds