PDA

View Full Version : trailer question

the weed man
09-12-2004, 02:07 AM
i have 2 5x 8 open trailers.and today i ran into a fellow and he is selling his bizzz,pretty much all is gone but a few things..well my question is, i need to set up my brother with just my residential accounts will a 4x 6 trailer be able to hold a 32 exmark,1 push 21,1 trimmer,1 blower and of course a few odds and ends..ide hate to pass this deal up it is a 4 by 6 enclosed haulin black trailer for 425.00 and it is perfect shape.so if anyone has one let me know what all you manage to get into it..im not in need of a ton of room for this i just want to haul the mowers and that is it.i dont care about alot of extra space..it is for all my small accounts.

Expert Lawns
09-12-2004, 03:30 AM
sounds like a real tight fit to me. any way you can test it? can you take your stuff there and see if it fits? wouldn't hurt to try.

where in michigan are you?

the weed man
09-12-2004, 03:53 PM
im going to try to get time,and take my machines over to where the trailer is(60miles) im pretty sure it will fit cause long as i get the 2 mowers in i can make a rack for the trimmer/blower

ohh im in pontiac area

Lux Lawn
09-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Sounds like it might work out for a while it will be tight with know room to expand.

fga
09-12-2004, 08:59 PM
why don't you buy the trailer, then sell it for more money. that price seems really low if its in great shape. then put that money towards a bigger one.

Runner
09-13-2004, 12:55 AM
Or, if you are hesitant to make the purchase, just measure out an area on your garage floor, and come up with some different configurations to where the equipment will fit and be accessible. Just a suggestion. Also, if you're thinking a bit longer term for the smaller trailers, you can build some good organizers that will help you considerably (trimmer sideracks, tongue mounted fuelcan cages, toolboxes, shelves, etc..

the weed man
09-13-2004, 02:46 PM
i did just what you said..im going to pick it up and prob end up makeing some extra funds off it and ill buy a 5x8 enclosed in the spring,i looked at one today for 1395.00

thanks for the replys

Or, if you are hesitant to make the purchase, just measure out an area on your garage floor, and come up with some different configurations to where the equipment will fit and be accessible. Just a suggestion. Also, if you're thinking a bit longer term for the smaller trailers, you can build some good organizers that will help you considerably (trimmer sideracks, tongue mounted fuelcan cages, toolboxes, shelves, etc..