PDA

View Full Version : New pics of my chopper

NelsonLandworks
09-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Here's some pictures I took today, this winter I'm putting some diamond plating around the engine, (not sure where yet), making my exhaust, k&n air filter, and I'm getting the frame powdercoated black, and I think the tank/fender might end up red...any sugestions?

CamLand
09-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Hey thats pretty cool,have you taken it for a ride yet??

rookiemower
09-12-2004, 05:30 PM
nelson im glad to see the finished product. mine is ready for disassembly, time for paint :D

DUSTYCEDAR
09-12-2004, 05:36 PM
i need a toy like that

Quickcut
09-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Looks good. Here's mine.

NelsonLandworks
09-12-2004, 10:15 PM
quickcut-nice bike. thanks for the comments guys. Yes I have taken it for a ride, I actually ride it twice a day-before and after work. It's so much fun, every car that goes by has a thumbs up out the window-it goes 45mph on flats, i've hit 50 before down a bit of a hill.

any sugestions on the tank/fender colors?

Team Gopher
09-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Great pics! They look like fun.

GreenMonster
09-13-2004, 02:48 PM
HA! I saw the thread title, and thought you got a Dixie!

Color? Green, of course :D

ofishil
09-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Very cool.... What kind of engines do you guys use for those choppers? Make sure you never change your name to Zed..(Pulp Fiction)

NelsonLandworks
09-13-2004, 08:58 PM
I run a tecumseh 6hp with a torq a verter

gogetter
01-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Nelson, is that build from scratch, or was it a kit?

Quickcut, how about yours, kit or from scratch?

I like the direction that some of the builders are going in now, where they are using bigger engines, like 18hp v-twin motors. And I really like that some builders are making them street legal.

By the way Nelson, if you haven't already decided on a paint color, I think a black frame and burnt orange tank and fenders would look sweet.

NelsonLandworks
01-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Nelson, is that build from scratch, or was it a kit?

Quickcut, how about yours, kit or from scratch?

I like the direction that some of the builders are going in now, where they are using bigger engines, like 18hp v-twin motors. And I really like that some builders are making them street legal.

By the way Nelson, if you haven't already decided on a paint color, I think a black frame and burnt orange tank and fenders would look sweet.

That'd look very hot. I'll take that into concideration.

My chopper will be street legal come spring-I chose to use a 6hp motor with a torq converter because it was cheaper, and found it was plenty fast. 50 mph on a mini chopper feels very fast.

I made my chopper from scratch-took me an entire winter because I was going to another shop to build it, and did a lot of machining.

gogetter
01-19-2005, 11:09 PM
My chopper will be street legal come spring-I chose to use a 6hp motor with a torq converter because it was cheaper, and found it was plenty fast. 50 mph on a mini chopper feels very fast.

I made my chopper from scratch-took me an entire winter because I was going to another shop to build it, and did a lot of machining.

How do you go about getting a VIN# for that to make it street legal?

There's two reasons why I like that some guys are using larger V-twin motors. One is that is just looks cool because it fills in the space in the frame. And two is so that is gets up and goes off the line, not necessarily for a higher top speed.

Did you use some kind of plans or blueprints for your frame?

NelsonLandworks
01-20-2005, 05:56 AM
How do you go about getting a VIN# for that to make it street legal?

There's two reasons why I like that some guys are using larger V-twin motors. One is that is just looks cool because it fills in the space in the frame. And two is so that is gets up and goes off the line, not necessarily for a higher top speed.

Did you use some kind of plans or blueprints for your frame?

you have to save all your reciepts and bring it to the DOT and they give you one. it's something like the first tuesday of every month (in NH).

I made a full size drawing on a piece of ply wood and found my angles and everything on that. then went to town with bending, made a jig and worked on notching it all and welded it (much much easier said then done)

Mo Green
01-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Pretty coool Nelson. I've never seen anything like it.

NelsonLandworks
01-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Pretty coool Nelson. I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks, I appriciate that

edit: Mo green, are you a fire fighter?

Mo Green
01-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Yes, I am a firefighter.

NelsonLandworks
01-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Me too-I'm on the local dept, call only. We have two full time EMTs, no need for full time fire fighters yet.

Are you full time?

Lawn Enforcer
12-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Nice lookin' choppers boys!

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Wow this is an old thread, cool choppers.