PDA

View Full Version : i changed my own hydro oil for the first time

bdemir
05-30-2000, 12:00 AM
i took the risk and changed the hydro oil an my turf tracer. I realized that you have to fill the oil fill up into the oil filter and then let the air bubles rize through the oil. This takes a while and you have to refill it several times to get all the air out and tap it a litlle to get all of the air out of the oil filter then screw it slowwly without spilling to much out. Then i elevated the wheels and let them spin in the air slowly to try to work out any air that might be trapped in the hydro pumps and then away i went and i cut my grass so far without any problems. One thingi did wrong i overfilled the reserve and some spilled back out through the hole in the cap. Can too much hydro fluid hurt the system(seems to be running fine so far).<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: bdemir<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: bdemir

trimmer
05-30-2000, 12:13 AM
I have a toro z-master and all you do is take of the resivoir cap and put a bag tightly over it so not to much leaks out then you take off the old filter and screw the new one on not tightly oil will be running out of the piece where the filter goes when you put the new one on you don't tightin it until the oil runs out of the filter then tightin it up and fill the resivoir to where it is needed and you don't have to worry about air bubbles<br>

bdemir
05-30-2000, 01:38 AM
Trimmer, <br>how often do you change and why dont you change all the oil too. i thought that was the whole idea to get new iol into the system so you can completely clean out the system.

Mark
05-30-2000, 01:49 AM
I have been changing mine for yrs, I don't fill my new filters up. I bleed the entire system,then put everything back on including the new filter then fill my reservior full then with my wheels a few inches off the ground slowy very slowy go forward for around one min then slowy go in reverse for the same time, lower the machine and your ready to go for another month.<p>----------<br>Mark's Mowing Service<br>

trimmer
05-30-2000, 11:44 PM
My hydros run synthetic oil like most there is no need to change it because it does not break down I change my filter every 100hrs. This is also the procedere in the manual