PDA

View Full Version : enclosed trailer owners

the weed man
09-14-2004, 07:06 PM
im about to get my first enclosed trailer and i have looked at many brands and colors.i just wanna hear some feedbvack from people who already have em..

1 i want black but a few have told me ide regret it cause of up keep
2 what brand you own and tell me what is good about it and or bad
sorry for all the question but i dont wanna spend the loot and a few weeks later want another brand..ohh and im buying a 5x8 just formy residential accounts

i have looked so far at
haulin
pace american
us cargo

Wells
09-14-2004, 11:50 PM
I have the 7'x16' Haulmark - transport trailer.
It is Forest Green but looks almost black.

It does get dirty easy but seems like everybody has a white one and I wanted to stand out more.

The only thing I didn't like was I had to replace the plywood flooring because the weight of the ZTR was starting to break through it. I replaced it with 2x6 planks instead of more plywood.

I had it built at the Haulmark factory and was able to customize it to my specifications.

the weed man
09-15-2004, 10:18 AM
thanks wells...im pretty much sold on getting the black or grey..

it is all about what brand i like..as of now ive seen

haulin black 5x8 base price is 1395.00 plus i can add on this package for a 175.00 more and a drop gate for 175.00 total 1745.00
LS All Sport Package"

6" Extra Height
24" Stone Guard
(2) Dome Lights
(1) Wall Switch
(2) Rear Stabilizer Jacks
Upgrade 5/8 Plywood Floor to 3/4

i have looked at a pace american price is in same area.but this trailer doesnt seem as well built..they wanted 1711.00
today im looking at us cargo and haulmark...thanks for the reply..

contourbs
09-15-2004, 03:03 PM
i would go bigger, mine is a 6x12 and it cost 2400. Its already to small for me and all i have is 1 ztr and push mower.

the weed man
09-15-2004, 04:43 PM
ide like to go bigger but i can not realy afford to at this time..this trailer is mainly for me to do my small acounts, i have a crew doing the bulk of my work..alls im useing this for is a 32in walk behind,21in,trimmer/ edger/blower.ill set up some nice racks for all that..with all the stuff ill still have a good amount of room.i know what you mean thou ill want a bigger one right away but that just isnt in my budget right now.

coastallandscapesolutions
09-19-2004, 09:09 AM
The only reccommendation we have is that if you go larger then 16' the get the 5,000 lb axles. It will take the GVW's to 10,000. We made the mistake of getting one with 3,500lb axles and we are always pushing its limits.

UNISCAPER
09-19-2004, 09:41 AM
The only enclosed trailers we buy are from Wells Cargo. Plainly put, they are just better built trailers with 15-20 years life spans. One thing to make sure of when you buy a trailer. Make sure that manufacturer uses a specific axle/brake system for that trailer. One of the games played in the low cost trailer market is for manufacturers to buy any brand of axle that comes on sale for a better price. Doing that does not necessarily cheapen the trailer, but come time to service it, your life can be made into hell. In most cases, you have to remove the brakes, take them to the parts counter of a dealer and compare them to what Dexter, or whoever makes the brakes has for replacements. This equates to down time. By using a manufacturer like Wells they have standardized brakes and axles. You call, give them a model number, and they tell you they have the part. Then all you need do is go pick it up and install it. We had one trailer down for a week waiting on brakes some years back, and that was the last time it ever happened, I got rid of the trailer and started buying Wells Cargo.