PDA

View Full Version : Disgruntled employee damage

DanaMac
09-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Not my employee though. A senior care center called couple days ago, said they had an employee they had fired and he turned off the system and they don't know how to operate it. Probably only needed to have the timer turned on and set, they thought.

Turns out he ripped out the entire backflow preventer from the copper plumbing pipe and PVC manifold. Took me a little while to figure it all out but I found it and got it going. They were thrilled. Sounds like the guy has caused about 4000-5000 damage so far. Or that actually includes replacing the locks throughout the place.

jerryrwm
09-16-2004, 11:41 AM
Gotta love those disgruntled employees. $4-5K damage and lock replacement is a little steep. Didn't they have someone escourt him off the property when he was terminated, or did he do it and then quit. Might be a potential for filing charges I would hope.

Guess he was kind enough to shut off the water before he took the backflow preventer.

Side Note: A few years ago in the Houston area it was made code that all PVB and RP installed had to be on copper pipe. Anything above ground had to be copper - mainly for mower damage prevention. Well the price for copper and brass made these things an easy target especially on street medians - just stop the truck, throw a chain around the pipes, yank it out of the ground and haul butt. Left some pretty interesting geysers in some neighborhoods! Codes have relaxed I believe to using galvanized pipe now so the incidents have slowed.

Jerry