PDA

View Full Version : for those who have websites

bobcatnj
09-16-2004, 07:48 PM
has having a website for your company allow you to get more work? do people look at the site? is it worth the money??

kemmer
09-16-2004, 08:49 PM
I got one account from my site.

Rex Mann
09-16-2004, 09:06 PM
Our site helps supplement our other marketing efforts. All our marketing collateral has our website address on it. If they want to check us out they can. If they like what they see and read on the site then they email or call us. I get 5-7 leads a week from my site.

PaversInstalled.Com (http://paversinstalled.com)

Peace,

Rex

bp418
09-16-2004, 09:41 PM
I get maybe two or three phone calls a week from hits on my website. My site only costs $24.00 a month going thru Earthlink.

www.lawncarextreme.com :)

SprinklerGuy
09-16-2004, 09:47 PM
I also get 4-6 calls per week from people who "googled" me.

No, I don't pay for the key words or anything like that...they just find me.

Team Gopher
09-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Hi Bobcatnj,

Here is a link to a handful of free green industry web templates (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=15;t=898) you can download and use. Maybe they will help you get your site up and running.

tonygreek
09-17-2004, 01:10 PM
Bobcat,

If having a website, even a very basic site, doesn't drive business your way, it at least adds one more layer of credibility to your marketing. Whenever I see a truck or trailer that has a web address on it, I instantly notice it and make the assumption that they are a step more professional than one that may not. Obviously, it's a strong assumption, but that's the intent of marketing. To drive assumptions until the consumer can decide on their own positive or negative experience.

I would recommend to seek the help of a professional designer, and not your Aunt's 9th grade nephew "who know's computer stuff.". Too many times I see sites that are generated by 8 yr old copies of Microsoft FrontPage and look akin to wearing a polyester disco suit to your next formal dinner. The assumption that the customer has that you are more professional by having the site will be thrown out once a cruddy site is visited. When people say that the updated look of a site isn't that important, think of the target demographic that is visiting it. You've already ascertained that the visitor is at least a bit tech savy just by their visiting. Don't potentially throw that visit away due to a site that contains animated gifs and poor design.

If you can't budget a simple site, seek out the kick-start of a well designed template and all you have to budget is a nominal hosting fee.

I guess I should also state that I spent 8 years as a high-end eCommerce strategy consultant and still own one web-related company.

Tony,
Dayton, Ohio