PDA

View Full Version : Organic Poison Ivy killer?

NelsonLandworks
09-17-2004, 08:06 AM
I did a search on this and didn't come up with anything, so I figured I'd start asking. A big client of mine doens't like chemicals at all, and thier house(s) are surrounded by it. Do you know of anything I can use to get rid of it? thanks guys
Wes

Grassmechanic
09-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Tell them to get pulling. PI can be a pain in the azz to control using the best herbicides on the market.

Keegan
09-21-2004, 09:11 AM
Look up North Country Organics. They have something for Poison Ivy. I've never used it but will try it next year.

urbanlandscape
09-27-2004, 01:09 AM
I have been using plain white vinegar with good results. Add 2-3 drops liquid dish soap to a spray bottle of vinegar and spray to runoff. May take several applications on poison ivy, but works eventually, the younger the better. Good luck.

NelsonLandworks
09-27-2004, 07:32 AM
I have been using plain white vinegar with good results. Add 2-3 drops liquid dish soap to a spray bottle of vinegar and spray to runoff. May take several applications on poison ivy, but works eventually, the younger the better. Good luck.

Thanks a lot! I'll give that a try asap

Dchall_San_Antonio
10-13-2004, 02:37 AM
If at all possible, rent some goats to eat it. If that isn't practical (and I realize most clients are not rural), 20% vinegar as a foliar mist will knock it down to the ground in about 30 minutes. You will need to reapply as it regrows but it will not regrow forever. I will die from lack of photosynthesis as long as the greens are knocked back.

Be careful if you use the 20% vinegar. It is very hard on skin and will cause a fairly long term blindness if you splash it into your eyes. Normal precautions for splashing and spraying will keep you okay.

NelsonLandworks
10-13-2004, 12:29 PM
thanks Dchall