PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Turf??

NCL
09-18-2004, 11:05 AM
Anybody ever heard of or using Progressive Turf products?? They are a soybean extract fertilizer. They seem to be only used in the Golf coarse segment, bermuda greens. Looks very interesting. Any other products out their similar using the soybean extract? Thanks

Dchall_San_Antonio
09-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Their website says this...

The Nitrogen complex in Progressive Turf Turf FoundationTM 10-3-5 is present in four (4) forms:

Soluble Organic N
Ammonium N
Urea N
Nitrate N

Natural organic materials stay strictly away from most soluble organics, ammonium, urea, and nitrate. I don't know what they're using or how they can call it organic, but I'd stay far away from it

Hamons
09-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Its hard to say -- they're product label file si corrupt and cannot be accessed.

But... not all organic materials are insoluable. Blood meal for instance is very high in nitrogen and highly water soluable. Good organic products combine soluable and insoluable forms to give even long lasting release of nutrients.

or.. they could be using chemists dfinition of organics -- anthing with carbon.

It looks like it is designed to be spoon fed onto golf green at 7 -10 day intervals. Hard to utilize in lawn care.

Dchall_San_Antonio
10-13-2004, 03:42 AM
But... not all organic materials are insoluable. Blood meal for instance is very high in nitrogen and highly water soluable. Good organic products combine soluable and insoluable forms to give even long lasting release of nutrients.
This is THE magic key to organic gardening. I personally offer a lot of compromise to this key by using only a limited variety of materials.