PDA

View Full Version : Here is some of my equipment

nac
09-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Here is pic of some of my equipment.

NNJLandman
09-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Nac are all those your machines? Even that John Deere?

Jeff

nac
09-21-2004, 08:40 PM
Yes they are.

NNJLandman
09-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Wow very impressive didn't know you had those two excavators, how do you move them from job site to job site?

Jeff

nac
09-22-2004, 10:49 AM
The mini excavator I pull behind my pickup. The large one I call my cousin he has a large construction company and moves it with his lowboy.

Gravel Rat
09-23-2004, 12:24 AM
The 160 LC is only 16,000lbs you get a heavy enough trailer your P/U should handle it :laugh:

I'am just pulling your leg of course :)

The 160LC is a nice sized machine not too small not too big works good on residential jobs. It is what most of the contractors have here because it can be carried on a tag trailer towed behind a tandem axle dump truck. The machines here have guarding on them over the cab on the door over the front window. It adds about 1000lbs to the machine when your landclearing you need it you run the big risk of having a tree impailing you in the cab.

The other must have is a hydraulic thumb when your chucking rocks and grabbing brush you need a thumb. Also the thumb and bucket is used for stacking logs when clearing land. The terrian machines get worked on is fairly steep sliding down a slope isn't uncommon or the slope is max gradability of the machine. Strapping on the seatbelt is a must its too hard to hold yourself from sliding out of the seat when your on the slopes especially when you have to push yourself back up the slope with the bucket.

Personally that little Komatsu machine would be the tippiest machine between the two. Rubber tracks have to be the worst for sliding on loose gravel but you need rubber tracks for working on peoples concrete and paved driveways.

Anyhow nice looking equipment hope you got enough work to pay for it all a 160LC John Deere is in the 100,000 dollar range the little Komatsu is in the 50,000 range.

Scag48
09-23-2004, 01:00 AM
160LC for 100K? More like $140K. If they were 100 I'd already own one. LOL. Knew a guy that rolled a 160LC, lifted some sort of tank that was quite heavy. It wasn't impossible to lift but as soon as he extended the stick out over a bank with the machine reaching over the side the machine went over the bank. Scary stuff.