PDA

View Full Version : homemade hoist?

kc2006
09-20-2004, 06:36 PM
I dont have too many options here for leaves so i was thinking about making my own hoist.

Heres the plan, I'm going to build a wood box with angle iron frame so it will be rigid and I was going to make a hoist under it that would mount into where the fifth wheel ball mounts. I figure the hoist will be secured there in the center of the bed, and then the box will sit up maybe 8" above the bed floor. So basicly making a homemade dump insert. I really can't afford a dump insert and I don't want to mess with the truck by using the under bed hoist that northern tool sells so this would be an option for the next couple years until i can afford an insert. Has anyone ever built something like this? Just looking for some pointers here. Thanks

rookiemower
09-20-2004, 07:00 PM
ive thought about building a dump box for my trailor for leaves also but im gonna wait till i just get a pickup. idont think it would be to complicated

myoder
09-21-2004, 04:30 PM
have you thought about using a load handler, cheap for $150.00 and will work good... I have been using one for many many years and if you have any questions on doing that kind of setup let me know... I have a few tricks!